Runing this virus ti rack with a motif es8

GarishGuac

Hi i'm used to creating all my beats for the most part in pattern mode on my motif and I am currently looking to add a virus rack to my setup. How exactly can i encorporate this into my setup? Will i have to dedicate some tracks on my motif to midi directly to the virus?

thats one way of doing it. just depends of what type of music you make. you may need an external mixer too, unless your motif has one for audio tracks. then just midi out to virus. and audio out from virus to the motif.

thats one way of doing it. just depends of what type of music you make. you may need an external mixer too, unless your motif has one for audio tracks. then just midi out to virus. and audio out from virus to the motif.

Well typically after everything is made i just throw each track into protools as a 8 bar loop or whatever and sequence in there. But do they make external mixers that has quantize and can midi sync everything?

umm...so you seqeunce in protools. just do a midi dump from your motif to protools, or make the midi on protools, then like i said midi out to your virus and audio in to your interface. the sequencing software already has quantize and all that stuff.

Does the virus ti have multiple tracks so that i can send multiple midi meolodies to it and have it play them with different presets simultaneously? I guess thats my main concern.

Does the virus ti have multiple tracks so that i can send multiple midi meolodies to it and have it play them with different presets simultaneously? I guess thats my main concern.

Yes, it is 16 parts multitimbral, meaning that it can play up to 16 different patches at once.

Back