Roland mc303 vs Korg ER1 Rhythm Machine

Ahh, come on... You can do better than, " It sucked." That's an empty opinon, and so far it has no merit. Back up your claim with reasons why. Explain what worked for you and what didn't. :rolleyes: I listened to both the 303 and the E1, and I thought the E1 had better sounding demo tracks. It also had better sounding filter controls that gave really cool squelchs and bleeps. However, in the end I decided on the Roland because it seems more solid. The E1 looks kind of fragile and toylike. However, they both have such unique qualities, I may very well go back and get the E1. :p

Last edited:
:)
I didn't try the mc303 but heard a lot of samples and patterns from it, but i tried the electribe once, and didn't like its sounds, and personally -may be i didn't try it enough- i don't find it has nice filters.

The MC303 is terrible to use together with other gear. It got a totally whacked midi-timing :\ My suggestion is to only use it standalone. The electribes is _much_ better in a more serious setup imho.

The E1 looks kind of fragile and toylike
Well, in my opinion they're both toys. And to me the ER1 is more toyish and flexible.
But the main difference is the scope. The 303 is an all in one sample based machine. The ER1 is a dedicated drum synth/sequencer, i like that more.

C'mon, i was joking....
:p
If it doesn't work for you, that's fine.
I love my er1, didn't pay retail price for it though ;)

Cheers all!

i got a MC-303
and i don't use it.

even if u have lots of money don't pay for that device...
when u learn to use it then u understand that you're stuck there...

they are toys for kids of 14-15.

The general opinion seems to be that they both suck, but one fact; in The Netherlands we have quite a famous live-(trance-)performer (named G-Spott) who uses the MC303 as his main-sequencer and drummachine for his live-performances... I've visited one of his performances, and I have to say that he rules (however; his records are ****ty commercial clubtrance)

Maybe it's not as bad as it seems to be? (by the way; I never used the box myself...)

i want to get the mc303 just for the sounds and the 303, and the ability to tweak it and record it real time kinda thing. and the 808 and 909 samples too.

Deefex said:
i want to get the mc303 just for the sounds and the 303, and the ability to tweak it and record it real time kinda thing.

That's what I think is best about the 303. I don't believe in using the preset groove patterns, but using it as a sound module is great. It has some old skool sounds that are truely classic.

Last edited:
i currently own a ER1 and i had a mc303.
It really depends on what you need them for.Mc303 sucks for sure on live,but i used to like the knobs and filters.It was quite good to create sounds (no much flexible anyway,being a sample based synth).

The ER1....well...i use it quite often for recording and triggering some weird effects thru the 2 audio ins.For sure more solid than the mc303 playing live.

They are both ok,but still it depends what kinda music u do and if u need them in studio or live.

It sucks it sucks.....c'mon u can get some cool stuff with anything....guys if u couldnt get anything good out of it,it may be a limit of yours,not of the machine...............

arp....

i've beat my mc303 to death....i dont like the filter quality, but the arpaggio's are really good i think.....anyone have a "electribe-a" was thinking about getting one at guitar center...i liked the analog ****...
didnt care for the Electribe-r...:bat:

I used to LOVE my mc303

i dont have it anymore, gave it as a present to a friend who graduated high school 2 years ago.

... but i used to love it! It was so much fun.

get an RM1x! its the best hardware sequencer at this price..

Back