roland juno's help.

A

arjanv

Hi,

What is the price of a roland juno?
are there difference juno's out there?
i can get a alpha juno 2 for 500,- dutch guilders?

Thanks

how much is that in DM?? Does it come together with the PG 300 programmer?

I own alpha juno 1 w/ the programmer and I LOVE IT!!

For what kind of music would you use it?

PEACE.

Yep there are lots of Juno's:

brief history:

Juno 6: 1982
Juno 60: 1983
Juno 106: 1985, MIDI control
Alpha Juno 1: 1986, MIDI control
Alpha Juno 2: 1986, MIDI control

The most wanted Juno on this moment is the Juno 106. It's a beautiful piece of great pure analogue sound creating, using the benefits of MIDI.
But the Alpha Juno 2 is a good second, I think.

I'm not an authority on this so have a hunt around, but....
I use a Juno 106 which is a pure analog synth. No touch sensitivity, but loads of sliders to control the 'subtractive synthesis' that it uses to produce its sounds. It is fat as hell and to be honest sounds better than my sampler let alone any soft synth I've ever come across. However it is fairly limited in what you can do, you definitely need some other kit to get it sounding great.

The alpha 1 is the baby version of the alpha 2. They both use a hybrid digital/analog synthesis, they still sound great though. The alpha 2 is used for hoovers as I'm sure you're aware. The big problem with the alphas is that Roland did away with all the lovely sliders and brought in the 'alpha dial'. Basically a knob that can be assigned to any parameter. There is an external programmer you can buy for this (can't remember its name) with loads of sliders on, but I think this costs more than the synth itself!!

KasioRoks

yo 500 guilders is a great deal for a alpha juno 2 , normally they cost around 900 guilders!!!
and the juno is by far my favorite!!!
the programmer is hard to find but there is a editting program for the pc so you can program the sounds on the pc , which is very handy!, mail me and i'll try to see if i can track the program down.
(turksegabber@hotmail.com)

Back