Roland D50........anyone had one?

J

Jake III

Hi y'all
I've seen a Roland D50 synth going quite cheap, and was interested in anyone's comments on it.
I want it as a controller keyboard for my Yamaha rm1x, and of course some roland sounds would be welcome too ....
I'm not looking for the "latest" sounds, and I'm making kinda dubby/ambient/breaks/beats/house.
Of course, I'll go and try it out myself, but any comments will be much appreciated........
Thanks

I have a D-20 (was my first synth because it was a synth and a very simple built-in sequenser), the little brother of the D-50, and I'm gonna sell it. Not thát good (nor the sequenser nor the sounds), but maybe the D-50 is far better, I never tried one. But the basic sound synthesis will be the same I suppose...

Maybe you should consider a Yamaha DX-7.
That's a synth from the same time, same 2nd hand price, with still a little larger popularity. And you can download patches all over the web (and from the Native Instruments' FM-7 website I think).
Of course it's a different kind of sound synthesis (FM synthesis).

is the dx7 suitable for a midi controller keyboard, thm?
i heard it had limited/no midi capabilities, is this right?
:confused:
strigg

Thanks for the feedback, Strigg and THM.
I'm gonna check out the D50 anyway, and I'll look into the DX7 too - there are always a few of those around....
Thanks again

Back