RM1X Knobs

Shovel

Member of Project Mayhem
Heya!

I know you can assign the knobs on the RM1X to control just about any midi parameter. Curious, for those who have the RM1X, what have you assigned these knobs to do?
:angel:

I only use my RM1x to sequence my external gear, as i don't use the onboard synth (not even got it plugged in to my desk).

I use the knobs to control parameters on my sampler (For modulating effects, LFO's etc) and the same for my synths.

Just dial in the relevant CC's and away you go.....

Love the RM1x, use it to sequence everything, and then mix the audio down in Logic.

I also have my gear controlled by my RM1X. How much gear does yours control and does the limited amount of channels get in the way? Or do you perform patch changes and if you do, how would go about inputing these patch changes with the RM1X?
:angel:

I've had it control the following all together;

-RM1X own synth (back in the day)
-A4000 Sampler
-Novation Nova (All 6 parts)
-Korg Trinity (various multi's)
-Effects box controlled via midi
-Various soft synths/plug-ins

As for changing patches, i don't really go down that route....too much hassle. I try to work in audio as much as poss, almost everthing gets dumped in the sampler at some point, and then just mixed down into Logic or Cubase.....which again is sync'd to play alongside the RM1X.

This way i don't face any real limitations, as you can always create space in the RM's sequencer for another track.

Ok?

Back