real motif es6 mpc pros come in!!!!

steele

Ok I got the mpc2000xl hooked up to the motif thru the proper midi connection...When i try to seq track by track it changes the sounds i want left alone can somebody tell me what settings the motif needs to be at to do that! The manual is written in Nasa and i just want to do that basic practice example

track one -synth
track two- bass
etc without changing the sounds when i go to the next track to seq a sound! Somebody with a motif let me know what to set the settings to do this basic practice please!!!!!!!!

prove your combo knowledge!!!!!!

Motif es6 and MPC2000xl sequencing help

Steele I am having the same exact issue, I am a new owner of a motif es6 and mpc2000xl. Where you able to get this sequencin issue resolved and if so how did you do it.

i turned program change off and I'm still having the same sequencing issues when it comes to switchin to another sound without changing the 1st sound.

Make sure the track you have highlighted on the Motif is the same track you're editing on the MPC. If you have track 1 open on the MPC then you should only be dealing with track 1 on the Motif.

EX: If you MPC has track 1 open and you're changing the instrument in track 3 then whatever instrument track 1 was playing in will switch to what you have track 3 set to.

So if track 1 is open on the MPC then track 1 should be Highlighted on the Motif.
If track 2 is open on the MPC then track 2 should be Highlighted on the Motif...and so on.

Hope This Helps

Thanks for the info. I figured it out about 2 weeks ago how to setup midi sequencing with the motif es6 & Mpc2kxl. I was missing 2 steps after choosing either song or pattern mode, I was not selecting the mixing option on motif in order to view the midi channels selection screen and also i didnt go to the category screen to choose the sounds for each midi channel.

Back