Question about Virus TI2

lolwat

Im considering getting a Virus TI2 but i have a rather silly question that most of you probably know the answer to (please dont laugh). Seeing that its quite an expensive purchase i just have to make sure i know how this functions before i make my decision :)

What im trying to figure out is how you would automate the pitch from the Virus inside the DAW, like Cubase? For example, right now im using the VST Vanguard Virus, and with it i can just automate the Pitch knob and do some seriously sick screeches and effects (Hardstyle/Hardcore stuff). I have looked through plenty of Virus TI2 OS videos but i have never noticed anyone automating the actual pitch (not talking about via LFO, i mean actually drawing the automation out in cubase). I know that in the Matrix panel you can assign stuff to the OSC Pitch, but im a bit confused as to how i would actually assign it to the DAW automation (Cubase) so i can draw it underneath the MIDI tracks. I dont have much experience with hardware synthesizers so there might be something im completely misunderstanding. Maybe its the Semitone knob next to the oscillators, can someone confirm?

Back