Qcards with quadrasynth

DonaldCrunk said:
you can edit it like any other rompler. the qs 6.2 that i've used wasn't particularly useful for much except medium quality acoustic tones - it's certainly not nearly as useful as a roland XP30, or even something like a trinity.

if you can find an especially good deal on it, i'm sure it would be fine - but i don't see the superority over any other dime a dozen mid and late 90s technology rompler, even something like the s03.

Well the XP30 is nice but im not sure. Id like to hear one first before I get one. And the trinity is cool but... too expensive...

alright. yamaha CS series stuff, the newer ones, would also be great i would imagine. i hear good things about the cs6x.

of course, if all you're wanting is a few acoustic reproduction sounds (i.e. strings, rhodes, a piano and a mellotron or something) then obviously your best bet would be to get one of the newer akai rackmount samplers, such as the s5000. they can be had under 400 bucks nowadays and they'll give you more flexibility than any rompler - they're very _professional_ pieces of equipment.

korg z1 also comes to mind to do what you want it to, perhaps sans piano.

but eh, i could suggest stuff all day long. best bet is to just play a mess of them.

DonaldCrunk said:
alright. yamaha CS series stuff, the newer ones, would also be great i would imagine. i hear good things about the cs6x.

of course, if all you're wanting is a few acoustic reproduction sounds (i.e. strings, rhodes, a piano and a mellotron or something) then obviously your best bet would be to get one of the newer akai rackmount samplers, such as the s5000. they can be had under 400 bucks nowadays and they'll give you more flexibility than any rompler - they're very _professional_ pieces of equipment.

korg z1 also comes to mind to do what you want it to, perhaps sans piano.

but eh, i could suggest stuff all day long. best bet is to just play a mess of them.

haha the z1 was at one point the synth i really wanted... but i cant fit it into my set due to its price. I couldnt even find one for under $800 let alone a $400 price...

Standard 12-voice Z1's (not the 18-voice expanded ones) usually go for around $450-$500 max on eBay, unless there was a massive price jump in just the last 4 months. Just remember that it's not based on samples, but on pure synthesis (physical modeling). I have one. Great synth. No acoustic pianos here (but electric pianos are good).

i think im just gonna get fl studio which is pretty universal when it comes to sounds and plug in a good midi controller. All my problem's are solved. But thanks guys for your help :)

Hi! I had to join the forum to thank you all for this great information. I will soon but a Quadrasynth. Are there any nasty caveats about the original QS6? TIA!

Back