Please Help Me Pick A Keyaboooooaaarrd !!!

G

Guy Furiouz

Sup yaa'll ..
Basically i really need a better keyboard to progress ma beats further .. anyways , i wud be using the keyboard/synthesizer to add to my beats on my mpc and to add also on reason on my computer . i wudnt really be making the beats on the keyboard.

I dont really no much about keyboards/synthesizers so i came to ya !
im looking for one that has aloooot of voices which cova everything from paino , strings , wah wah guitar to gritty bass and synths ! whether it be a korg , yamaha or roland or waheva !!

Ma budget is pretty low , its like £200 ($400) but cud possibly stretch to £300 ($600)..

Please Reply !!

Thanks in advance !

Thanks man , so your reccomending something like a yamaha mm6 ?

how exactly do racks work ? do you like install them into the synthesizer or something ??

Thanks in advance ..

thanks , and would the sounds from the rack automatically load to the midi controller ? and can you use the rack on reason 3.0 ?

T.I.A

man to tell you da truth you need to save a little more.... korg makes the triton which is over a G, yamaha makes the motif which is over a G, and roland makes the Fantom which is over a G.... if all you have is around $400 i would recommend you save up a few more checks, otherwise you'll be better off getting a casio wk-8000 which contains 894 instruments https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/WK8000/

thats the best i could recommend for the price which is $500...
anything other than that is about a G, you might be able to find some used high end boards for around 7 or 800

me personally i would recommend a motif (from ebay) http://shop.ebay.com/__Pianos-Keyboards-MIDI_motif_W0QQ_nkwZmotifQQ_catZ619

check that out playa

ite cheers , i was thinkin of jus getting a rack ? i already have a keyboard, and i guess i could save up a bit more .. which do you think would be the best rack to get ? prefreabbly one with alot of instruments and voices .. and i mean alot lol .. any reccoemndations ?

T.I.A

yeaa i would say the motif rack, i like it alot

i use reason, so im just tryna get motif refills or somethin

what kind of sounds does it have ? do you possibly have a link to the list of sounds ?

board wise i would choose the motif because of its sequencer.. rack wise i would choose the fantom, (TO ME) it has clear crisp and to the point sounds, and more FX...

the only motif rack i would get is the motif xs, other than that i would choose the fantom, but then again

you have to think about what fits you, they all have the pianos synths strings woodwinds it just depends on what you feel, i prefer vst's over keyboard sounds but thats just me, and some prefer keyboard sounds over vst's

so i think you should go to guitar center or your local musical instrument dealer and play on the boards to see.. this is kinda like buying a car based on what people tell you,
you should always test drive your equipment

Last edited:
no u cant use a rack in reason. it doesnt support racks as vsts. if you buy the mm6 motif then it comes with cubase le and you can rewire reason into it and control reason wiht the mm6. use cubase a sequencer. juts a though. but yeha man that get the m06 not hte mm6. the m06 is pretty cheap on ebay. everything the motif has but the sequencer

Back