playing a guitar on the keys

phantom1

Using my midi keys with a guitar sound how would i play it on my keys as if i was playing it on a guitar so i can use guitar chords etc ? becuase like i cant work it out becuase the guitr has frets.
thanks

There are various techniques...........depends on the sound and the guitar techniqes your tring to emulate

Lead sounds with lots of over drive.....................dont play to many notes.

Roll your hand like your strumming the guitar, spread your chord note farther across the keyboard.

Use apr's

Listen to guitar tracks and apr's on various keyboards like Yamaha Motif series, slow they dont to grasp the note sequence.

Last but not least, hire a guitar player, or learn to play the guitar your self.

I can play the guitar i have done for last 4 years i just dont wanna spend loads money on a mic so i can record in me playing the guitar id rather kno how you play a guitar on the keyboard if its possible to save time and money becuase on the keyboard u can press c and its just plain c but on the guitar i may hold the fret or w.e on c but i dont understnad who i can do that on the keyboard so i can use reasons guitar patches

i find it impossible to emulate an acoustic guitar strumming on a keyboard unless youre using an arpeggio or something

although the nylon spanish guitar playing i can somewhat emulate

Last edited:
You can pull it off. Basically the frett follows the same octaves and semi-tones on the piano, except layered (depending on what frett and string you're on).

Ya, you can knock it off, practice your scales and arpeggios...

Start off with chords then progress to strumming/roll-like technique...

I'd definitely go with recording the real thing. Even a not-so-professional recording will probably sound more natural than trying to mimic the nuances on a keyboard.

I guess it's a little bit like playing drums on a synth, you can get better by practising it... Not that it's similar in any other way. Factory arpeggios like the ones on the Motif series are pretty useful definitely, when you need strumming etc.

THIS guy is doing a decent job playing a "lead guitar" --) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECg8yPVMH2s

Last edited:
that dude is gd on the keys on that you tube i gave that a go it sounded alright but ima record my guitar instead it sounds much better. Thanks for all ya responses

vox_tonelab.jpg

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/5if_XdR13Dw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/5if_XdR13Dw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

guitar should not even be included on synthesizers anymore since it sounds nothing like real guitar,, thats the one instrument left that you need the real thing to sound good. btw some keyboards/seq you can plug electric guitars right in w/ no mic needed. as far as converting notes/chords from guitar to keys, its the same, notes are notes, chords are chords.

Wowwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

not to sound lazy bt aint there a Plugin that can do all that because my music theory knowledge at the time wont be enough to do all that

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

not to sound lazy bt aint there a Plugin that can do all that because my music theory knowledge at the time wont be enough to do all that

Back