Which one to buy for best workflow - newer MPD 226 or 232 vs older MPD 26 or 32

nuSoul

I am currently trying to decide which of the newer MPD 218/226/232 or the older MPD 18/26/32 would be the right fit for me / best to buy in order to have good mpc like workflow for making heavy soul and funk hiphop grooves (in the style of for example youtube /watch?v=htqe9tzNGW0&list=PLVF0zYzd7tVTBg7_ygCRqpkzygmh7bKkr&index=2) and sample my favorite songs. It is going to be my first controller. I have windows 10 system and tascam audio interface and ableton live.

So far I would tend to buy the MPD 226 which seems the right tradeoff between cost and features (especially if bought in used condition). i like that it has transport controlls (play, stop, rec) in contrast to the MPD 218/18. But i read that it has no designated/correct mpc swing, is that very bad? Also is the lack of Sequencer function (which is available in MPD 232) and note erase function, etc. very bad for making beats like the above example? Or is this easily done with software like ableton live?

For the ones who use on of the newer MPD 218/226/232 or the older MPD 18/26/32, which one can you really recommend and why? And which ones are really not recommended and why?

Please comment, your help would be very appreciated!!

If you have a friend who is into music, borrow his or her device and test it. If not go to a music store in your city/state and demo them for yourself. If you know how to research on your own without asking strangers on a forum such as this, which is neither a good or bad idea, you must know that people help those who help themselves.

thanks for your advice, i have some friends who are into beat making but they all have only bigger and more expensive kits like real mpc 2000, mpc studio, Numark NS7 II, etc.
in and near my city there sadly is no music shop where i could test these units out.

i am doing more research on the topic constantly, therefor definitely trying to help myself, so please do not think i want to let others do my work.
just want to reach out to some of you with this post, maybe some of you possess one of the devices and know something i should know before buying and if they would prefere one of them and why. i am also a musician who plays piano/organ since more than 10 years, i for my part, like to help out other people in forums like this on topics that i know well, so that is what i am searching for.

I use an mpd18 and mpd218.
Mpd18 feels like typical low sensitivity while the new ones feel like a PADKONTROL BUT WITH THICK PADS : O

Never touched standalone pads and probably won't in the future so no idea how those would suit people.

Depends on what you prefer. I like both of em. Use the mpd18 unplugged to anything and just practice on it after getting a mpd218 a couple months back.
Might just keep both of em plugged in but Yeah I seriously dig the newer models over the old ones for drumming.

Yo ucan use all 5 finger reliably basically instead of the whole...using middlefinger ontop of index finger technique...

Back