NOVA - Prog's sound different in Perf' Mode

D

DYEONE

Anybody else have this problem with their Nova;

I've used a preset in 'Prog' mode and made all the changes i want, and now want to use it as part of a performance.

Why, upon dialing up the prog/part (in perf mode) the prog sounds totally different ?
Almost like a poor version of the proper sound.

Any ideas why this happens, and if so how do i change it ?

Rich

i know that on my z1 it's because of the effects ... i know that in perf. mode i can only have 1 set of effects for all 6 parts ... so i have to make them sound the best i can with that one set ... maybe you dont' have your effects set up in perf mode?

I don't understand why this should be happening. The Nova's effects should be exactly the same in Prog and Perf mode. I only operate in Perf mode on mine and I always call the Prog via MIDI and then do the edits also via MIDI to get the desired sound. That way I never have to back up my sound banks.

If I remember I'll have a go at what you are doing at the week end.

andy

Not sure if I explained this clear enough…

ki_cz – When I discovered this problem I was only using 1 part in performance mode, and all others parts were turned off/silenced/not playing. Therefore it can’t be eating up all the effects on other parts. Also this shouldn’t happen anyway as you can assign 6 (I think) effects to each part on the Nova.

Synkotron – You’re right in what you say that the FX should be the same in prog and perf mode….however on my Nova this is only for most sounds. It’s only a handful that I’ve found are like this and not the same.

Didn’t get chance to check anything last night but…is there likely to be any settings associated with the ‘performance’ that could be causing the sound to differ, rather than a difference in the prog/part settings ?
(Is this even possible ?)

Hope you can help with this as it’s damn annoying…

Rich.
freestyle_criminals@yahoo.co.uk

There are a lot of things you can change in performance mode for each of the 6 "slots" where you put the individual programs into.
did you already check out the Slotsettings for Mono/Poly usw?

Back