Thread: NordLead2 good to use. Is it the best? I don't know.

Thanks

Talking

Sign in to disable this ad
    The Nord Lead 2 is pretty, sexy, and gets as ugly as you like. It can be very phat, if used by the hands of someone who has spent a few months playing it and actually reading the very well layed out manual.
    I own one, and my girlfriend Celeste thinks it is very sexy, as do a couple of other people. I am near it now, and want to touch it.
    But the sounds can be very 'raw', with some intense harmonic things happening, which make me want to sample it onto the A3000, then go back to midi sequencing and trigger the nordsample with the nord and just have the sample being triggered each bar or whatevr. This way, you can have one of the YammyA3000's filters applied to it. Annddd.....wait for it, you can then apply realtime filtersweeps of the A3000's filter, just by turning the filter knob of the Nord! It transmits on the 'controller72' identifier which the A3000 then receives as a filter sweep of its own filter because that is the default filtercontrol number that it responds to. Of course in the A3000 manual you can learn how to adjust this if your controller keyboard sends a different controller number identifier.
    And then you can record your filter sweeping fun (SENT BY THE NORD AFFECTING THE NORDSAMPLE INSIDE THE A3000 WHICH IS BEING TRIGGERED EAH BAR BY SEQUENCING PROG) just by hitting record on your midi sequencing program.
    ' '
    "
    \_| Woof!

Thanks

Talking TELL ME MORE !!!

I'm considering one of these and am still undecided.

Got any demos of what it can do ???

Rich
    __-{>>FOKI<<}-__
    It's what you're Looking At !

freestyle_criminals@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks
    this is a good use of the NORD 2 yes

but before 50 peopel go get a Nord lead to control filters of MIDI machines, I want to say that you can buy a PHAT BOY controller (i think it's only 150 dollars) and control any midi filter remotely.

wanted to add some info
    PLEASE HELP FP BY CLICKING ON

Thanks

Lightbulb very true

yes, a phat boy controller would have exactly the same functionality for real time controlling of a controllable sampler. So the Nord should be bought or dissed on its own merits, although it is handy to use the nobs.
    It has 4 seperate guitar lead outputs, each controlled by an assignable midi channel. I keep one free (the A channel, although i'm thinking of swapping it to the D channel so that when I'm plugging it in i can say to my friends "See? Easy as A-B-C!"). I don't plug a lead into this output so that no hassles occur whilst triggering samples offa the sampla. There could be a better way, but i do like the simplycity-ness of it.
    Advice? Get your hands on a Nord and see how it feels, can you feel it, does it inspire you immiediately now and also tomorrow when you try it out again.
    Waldorf make a hot synth i've heard (well, i haven't actually heard it), the Q Synth i think it is.
    EXAMPLES? weelll, you could check me out as Electronx in the site of Semi Precious Records. Just goto http://www.s-p-r.com (yes they are dashes not underscores), go into the Audio Artists section, click on electronx, click on a song, and click on the play button that appears. First website i ever did, soo, that's why i'm being so overprotectively instructionist about it all. Good luck Rich.
    Oh yeah, songs used a Nord2 A3000 dodgy mike recorded onto ProTools and i used some RTAS plugins.

Thanks
    Ohhh,said it once and I will say it again #4 on the prepaid list.Zzz beast 3 will be on my steps in about 3 weeks and I will let you hear some visious cuts from that baby.Sorry guys don't mean to be such an *** but hopefully you will know how good it feels saying that.Peace

Thanks
    I think the nordlead is much too sharp and edgy. But if you like that kind of sound, then of course it's a good machine.
    I prefer the Virus and the Supernova II anytime though.
    So we identify horses... with ultra!
    choons from < 2001 http://www.mp3.com/ChrissT
    Sincerely Dj Chriss
    det ska' vi da ha', ska' vi da ha'!

Thanks
    yeah i know, i would not buy one again after becoming more and more experienced at sound. Like, i definaytely wouldn't shell out for a Nord3. Much rather the Access Virus or ... oh, any number of things. Supernova2 good. Waldorf Qsynth worth a look. Even just a Juno, or a Prophecy.
    I don't like sharp and edgey, and it takes a bit to get the Nord2 to do anything else. But if coaxed (i've owned it for 3 years now), it can get some lovely sounds. Really it can! I got this piano sound with a dinky lower bass thing happening, last night - no, today.
    Basically Nordy just runs thru a hardware compressor and guitar pedals and a Kaoss pad almost all the time now, in various combinations. It's a wyld stallion. Needs lots of ... i dunno...refining. And it has forced me to learn how to be intuitive but also intelligent in my understanding of how a modular synth works. I havent really heard anyone else's uses of one, being marooned on this island called Australia. Heh, it aint too bad. Sydney gets some good acts.

Thread Information