The Nordlead 2 for drums

I hate th drums in the nord lead 2xrack...i make hip hop music so maybe thats just my taste

Isnt the NL2 only 4 parts multitimbral? That would be a huge limiting factor..unless of course it supports drum maps.

it can do drum maps that let you play multiple drum sounds from a single slot, but there isn't really enough polyphony to play complicated drum parts and synth parts at the same time.

I have tried to use commercial synth drums as well as making my own... but I still can’t get the sounds that I get from my MachineDrum!! <- big recommendations!! :)

i never used the drums on my nord lead 2 until i got a extra pcmcia card and that had a couple of cool percussive sounds on it but i have never used for a kick just to flat for my taste.

Indeed Elektron Machinedrum - www.machinedrum.com - is imho even the best drum machine ever.
Of course it has not the good classic feeling like a TR-808 or TR-909 or LinnDrum, but it is way more versatile and good sounding.

Go for MahcineDrum! Btw, THM, I agree with you on the compare with the TR-series. For now, I use original AKAI-samples, and the sound is good. :)

there's still nothing like the thump of a real analog kick drum (which is why i love my jomox airbase), but the machinedrum (which is virtual analog) can do so much more...

Back