Next Generation Workstation is here!!!

Not feeling that. Rather have a mac and a midi controller, or a neko.

thinking the price might be the "next gen" piece of the puzzle. Why pay less than 5k when you can pay 10k for even less flexibility :) ... that is definitly some next level ish thar.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Kubuntu Linux based ... which means they will have to run common VSTs and sequencers under WINE or some other kind of Windows API emulation. That means it'll be buggy as hell on some stuff, and other stuff just plain won't work.

This thing gonna flop BECAUSE
some people still have no clue how to promote a product...

Even their webpage looks like ****....

What it needs is a big name Producer onboard.

Then you can feel safe heralding it in as another I must get this piece.

You could build a setup that would DESTROY that for the same price.

Careful. That's been said about every piece of gear over $1,500.00 USD. The All-In-One concept has be a big part of the perceived value.
All I care about are the sounds.

I'm a pretty big linux nerd, and even I have to admit that using Linux was a bad choice.

The software support isn't there yet, I haven't found an equivalent to Reason, Live, or anything like that.

We have Ardour (Which is pretty complex) and Hydrogen (A fantastic but limited drum machine) and that's pretty much it for what I've found to be useful. Please enlighten me if you've found some great software, I've been searching! Not to mention I'm not a fan of JACK.

Kubuntu is a joke when it comes to things like this, the Ubuntu Devs push the ****tiest patches to other people's packages that I've seen. They'll break whatever and add a million dependencies to get it working 'right' for them.

The proper way would have been to use a more 'pure' distro, or better yet, LFS! (Linux from Scratch)

Linux is no joke when it comes to efficiency and stability, but we just don't have the Commercial Audio software yet, hopefully as time goes on and it becomes more accepted we'll see some ports of popular DAW's (Or atleast similar products)

Last edited:
Back