New Novation Launch Pad - Ableton Live Controller

kcsherrell@mac.com

Resident Beatsmith
Have you seen this joint? Looks pretty sick and its going to street for $199 US.

Release Date is November 1, 2009. Sweetwater and probably others are already showing them on their websites for ordering. I just ordered mine and hopefully it will get here right around the beginning of November?

I will let you all know how it is when I get it?

http://www.ableton.com/nl398-launchpad

ONE

Last edited:
I think that companies are starting to see the market trend towards Ableton and the APC40 costs $400, so a $200 Controller makes sense.

My friend works at Sweetwater and he is a Manager of one of their Sales Departments and he told me that Ableton is the best selling DAW for them company wide now and started being dominate with Live 7. HE said they get more Ableton orders than all other DAW's combined now? THat is a big statement I know and I don't know how he know's that other than the orders going out, but even if Ableton is doing that, its huge!

ONE

I think this thing's gonna sell like wildfire. The APC is superb, but it's a tad expensive, as said - in Europe, it's usually ~460 euros; that's almost $700. I think I'm going to skip it and get the Launchpad instead.

I think this thing's gonna sell like wildfire. The APC is superb, but it's a tad expensive, as said - in Europe, it's usually ~460 euros; that's almost $700. I think I'm going to skip it and get the Launchpad instead.

I agree completely. I can get the APC40 for about $350 US with no tax, because I love in Portland, OR, but I still think the Launch Pad is a better choice due to its size and simplicity, which is all I need. The APC had a few things that I would have never used, so that is why I never pulled the trigger on it, seemed like overkill and kind of a waste, plus desk space is a premium for me right now!

ONE

I agree completely. I can get the APC40 for about $350 US with no tax, because I love in Portland, OR, but I still think the Launch Pad is a better choice due to its size and simplicity, which is all I need. The APC had a few things that I would have never used, so that is why I never pulled the trigger on it, seemed like overkill and kind of a waste, plus desk space is a premium for me right now!

ONE

Yeah, I have an APC40 too, I guess the APC40 is just for those who is really into Djing and producing with Live who wants an all in one box. And the Launchpad is just for those who already have their knobs and faders from other controllers and just wants a grid to launch clips. I'm still gonna get one of these though for extra grid, for dummy clips, and also for drum racks. And I do like it even if it doesn't have velocity since I manually draw them in Live or in Reason.

If you only have one controller, the APC40 is the way to go. I've got an M audio Ozonic for knobs and sliders though, so the Launchpad was better for me.

Back