Much Help For A Beginner

phungdao

Well all these times I have been using FL Studio / Acid PRo 4 to record and mix my beats.. but i have never really had any money for a real keyboard/synthesizers.. but now im gonna save up and my budget is 700-800..

i had a look at these, and i dont really know what midi controller or whatsoever is.. so im really asking for an honest opinion before i put down a few paychecks (hehe)

these are the ones i have been looking at.

the type of music i want to create is mainly hip hop sounds with a R&B / Soul mix.. i want a variety of sounds on-board BUT also be able to record/play sounds/samples from my computr with the keyboard.. im not sure what is the best for that..

also i would want to have an onboard sequencer so i could try the rhythm out before spending time on my computer.

(the kind of music im into making are like some of these)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=7343

a variety of old school hip-hop to to-the-soul kind of beat.. what i really like is PIANO.. like a real classical but soul(jazz piano) sound.. also alot of strings/jazz bass.. all the basics..not much into producing rave or electronics..

here are a few synthesizers/workstations i have been looking at.. if you have tried it or own one can you please tell me what you use it for ( type of music ) and how efficient it is and if you are happy with it ( and worth the $$ .. )

oh yeah.. i also like from 61 keys-76keys..(88 keys are over 1,000 easy so no not 88's.. hehe ) i dont like mini-keyboards.. too much modulations goin on haha.. cant feel the rhythm when my hand has to keep going up and down..hahaha..
thanks..

http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--ROLJUNOD
^ 2nd choice..
http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--ROLGW7
^^ THE ONE I REALLY WANT TO GET.. but not sure what it can do

if you got any good ones that seems to fit my needs, please link me .. i live in hawaii so a site that offers free shipping would be REALLY nice.. thanks guys .. outz>.

Stay away from JUNO-D!

The other synth I haven’t heard much about. :S

-

You may consider a second hand Korg Triton.

whats wrong with Juno-D? hehe..

what i really want is a synthesizers that has REAL sounds.. i really hate fake-grand pianos that doesnt even sound like a piano -_- .. i want crisp sound hehe..

ill look into the triton..

phungdao said:
...what i really want is a synthesizers that has REAL sounds.. i really hate fake-grand pianos that doesnt even sound like a piano -_- .. i want crisp sound hehe..

ill look into the triton..

If you are into Piano sounds I'd pretty much stay away from the Triton. IMO the Motif es and the Fantom X both have superior piano sounds...

As stated if you want really great pianos, lean toward the Yamaha or Roland. Tight pads, strings, synth, bass.....go with the Korg

well i just want like the overall package.. i decided im going to get the korg triton because although i want real good piano sounds.. i also want good strings/bass/pads/synths as well ( mainly those +piano/drums ).. like real tight snares / kicks .. im going for the korg triton because i tried my friend's one out and its pretty tight..

phungdao said:
well i just want like the overall package.. i decided im going to get the korg triton because although i want real good piano sounds.. i also want good strings/bass/pads/synths as well ( mainly those +piano/drums ).. like real tight snares / kicks .. im going for the korg triton because i tried my friend's one out and its pretty tight..

You may want to look into getting the grand piano exp card or the other piano expansion card. They run around $99.00 if you shop online for them

Back