MPK 49 Start Issue

Nexcet

I just got my MPK and plugged it into my PC. It didn't recognize it all, so I did some research on this and uninstalled my Logic QuickCam (which I had) Drivers and restarted my PC. Still... no luck! Soon to realize that it doesn't look like a driver connection issue with the computer but rather a powering issue... Most MPK owners know that they don't come with a power Adapter. Since my computer can't power the entire controller (for some reason...) I have an Universal AC Adapter (300mA) and I figure that it wouldn't no problem to use the longest I set to 6V which I did... However now when i start the controller up the screen loads fine for a second and then ALL the options light up fully on it and I can't get to the presets . If i power the controller with just the computer it gets all dim and I can't see/use the MPK.

I'm going to Sam Ash later tomorrow to get an exact 6V-1A DC Adapter and see if the Universal AC Adapter was the problem. But if the screen keeps stalling after I this then what options are available or problem is causing this?

Completely frustrating :confused:

Alright so got my Power Adapter from Sam Ash and I talked to the guy at the place and even had him start up their MPK 49 they had on display with my plug (since it was new they're allow to do so) and it worked fine, and I saw how it is suppose to be. Quite simple!

So I got home and did it to my MPK 49 and well.. still the same!
I contacted Akai support and now I am waiting, however, if anyone has any input on this feel free as I am completely lost.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Back