Mpd32 or Midi Keyboard

Z

zaaack

I'm having a hard time choosing between an Mpd32 and a Midi Keyboard. Being a predominantly sample based producer I weighed both choices and came up that I would benefit from both. I aware of both of their basic functionalities. I would choose the mpd32 for its extra knobs and faders but I would choose the keyboard for more keys. ..Still I'm torn here, maybe some of you guys can help me out. What do you recommend mpd or keyboard? Thanx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there's plenty of keyboards with an abundance of knobs and faders if that helps your choosing. Look at Novation's SL MkII or M-Audio's Axiom series for example...or hell, Akai's own MPK49 has pretty much the same controls as the MPD32.

Really it all comes down to personal preference, some guys use keys for triggering samples and some use pads, personally I use both, but a keyboard is a better all rounder than pads.

Although it is tidy having an all in one solution I prefer having everything separate because it gives me more routing options better choice and if one thing breaks down it does not take everything else with it.

i have the axiom 49 and the mpd32, , , i love em both man so u pick and choose. . .seriously, they both have great presets for all major software

I noticed that when it comes to midi keyboards alot of people prefer the axiom. My question is what makes the axiom different from all the other keyboards?

its all about preference. the axiom is great! it has 8 mpc style pads [they respond nice] and the keyboard is well built. its not cheap feeling. there are faders, and once again great presets with all the popular DAW softwares. the axiom series isnt the only great controller out there.i like it becuase i use a lot of synth and melody in my beats. i also have the mpd32 and i use that mainly for the rythm obviously. the advantage with the axiom is that you have keys for melody and composition as well as mpc style pads for beats. great buy and price.

Haha thanx alot :) Well explained on the axiom. Now you got me thinking, keke. :p

Back