MPD24+Reason 4 Vs. MPC 2500

StankDank

right now im using reason 4 and an mpd24. Im really interested in usin an mpc and i think the 2500 might be good but im not sure. Should i go with the 2500(or any other MPC) or stick with Reason and the MPD? Or is there a way i can incorporate the MPC into my setup?

You can link up an MPC 2500 with reason, a lot of people do that. Bu if your simply using the mpd as an interface with reason i dont think you should get an mpc2500.

If your gonna use the sequencer, sampling and more from the mpc then go for it! But if your just simply hitting the pads to control reason then theres nothing wrong with your current setup!

YEA HES RITE!! ur askin if its better to use a actual mpc for a midi controller with reason but y pay all of dat money for a 2500 wen u already have what u need!! good posting!! thumbs up....

would i be able to do the same things in an mpc that i would do in reason? i mostly chop samples up so would it be any different from usin recycle?

would i be able to do the same things in an mpc that i would do in reason? i mostly chop samples up so would it be any different from usin recycle?

If all you're doing is chopping samples in Reason, yes, you can do everything you're doing in Reason with an MPC and some. But remember that Reason has a bunch of addition sounds that the MPC doesn't have (if you were planning on just completely converting to an MPC you'd be loosing out on those sounds); but that's where the integrating comes in. As far as if it would be any different than using Recycle, yes and no. You still have to chop your samples (manually with the MPC; don't know if you're doing it manually with Recycle or using the Sensitivity function to do it automatically), but with the MPC its all in one, no opening Recycle, chopping, opening Reason, importing, going back to Recycle to readjust chops, etc.

If all you're doing is chopping samples in Reason, yes, you can do everything you're doing in Reason with an MPC and some. But remember that Reason has a bunch of addition sounds that the MPC doesn't have (if you were planning on just completely converting to an MPC you'd be loosing out on those sounds); but that's where the integrating comes in. As far as if it would be any different than using Recycle, yes and no. You still have to chop your samples (manually with the MPC; don't know if you're doing it manually with Recycle or using the Sensitivity function to do it automatically), but with the MPC its all in one, no opening Recycle, chopping, opening Reason, importing, going back to Recycle to readjust chops, etc.
the majority of what i do is sample drums, chop samples and filter basslines and once in a while ill add something to enhance the sample

so what would be better for me for what i do?

so what would be better for me for what i do?

It really just depends on what you feel comfortable with. If Reason and Recycle is working for you there's really no need to switch. Timestretching, pitch shifting, is really the only things that the MPC offer that is not directly achievable with Reason and Recycle. Plus you have a lot more effect and EQing abilities with Reason. Watch a few videos online and go check out a MPC at a store to see if you like the workflow.

I have the same setup you have but I have seen videos and stuff where people have used reason as a sound module with the mpc, check this out hes uses reason as a sound module with the mpc then midi's out the keyboard through the mpc i think if he doesnt do it that way Im sure he just connected via midi to his laptop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMCpvAwbdA&feature=channel_page

This is what I use to do with Reason when I used it. Instead of using Reason's sequencer, I did all my sequencing and arranging on the MPC, then Rewire everything into Pro Tools or Live.

its funny you have reduced the mpc into a machine with 5 features. has anyone here even used an mpc? or just think you know what it does because you watched a few youtube videos.
a mpc has unlimited features, it all depends on how you use it. if you want to know which one would be better you should buy one and see for yourself.

and get off this forum, as I said, that guy has made the mpc into a machine that works just like reason and recycle, "with faster chopping workflow and some knobs". theres more to it than that.

If your wanting to step away from the computer, and work with a tech and your mpc as your workstation, then get an mpc. If you like software, and are comfortable with it, stick with it. Its all about workflow, and the mpc has one of the slickest work flows, but in the end they sample, chop, and sequence, along with all the other nonsense as the guy above me so quaintly mentioned.
tldr; if you want to work only on the mpc, then get one, if your just gonna use it as a midi controller and a sample chopper.. stay with what you've got.

Back