Maschine ...what else do I need?

Digital_Dave

All I have is a MacBook Pro duo core 2.16ghz 1 gb ram, Pro Tools 8, AKG Perception 100 mic, m-audio firewire solo interface. I want a Maschine, but what else do I need? Turntable USB or Analog for sampling? mixer? I like the sample feel of hip hop beats. So what do I need besides the Maschine to make sample based beats....plus I would appreciate recommendations on what type of brands and models (im on a budget too). THANKS

-DigitalDave

Maschine is a pretty good hardware/software groove box. The problem is that only after the 1.1 update will you really know what you will need to go along side with Maschine. I've had it since day one and the sampling is limited. You can get the job done but in some cases you might be out of luck. Right now I use it to lay my drum tracks. Some sampling but not alot. Research it. Read reviews and if you live close to a music store go get some hands on with it. I love it, but right out of the box it is lacking some features. The good thing is that it has the ability to update. So features will be added as we go along. The 1.1 update will in IMO make the Maschine market ready. I kinda fell like a beta tester. Although I've had very good results.

yeah you can. The issue is the limits to slicing. It's a long process trying to get the slice points that you want. You can get it but to me this alone slows up a other wise VERY FAST workflow.

yeah and with soundflower you can sample right off the internet or itunes etc. in your computer. but yeah they need to release the update to improve sample editing. other than that I love it!

All I have is a MacBook Pro duo core 2.16ghz 1 gb ram, Pro Tools 8, AKG Perception 100 mic, m-audio firewire solo interface. I want a Maschine, but what else do I need? Turntable USB or Analog for sampling? mixer? I like the sample feel of hip hop beats. So what do I need besides the Maschine to make sample based beats....plus I would appreciate recommendations on what type of brands and models (im on a budget too). THANKS

-DigitalDave
You need another sequencer such as fruity or sonar, reason ect.....
Youll save time by recording in ProTools but sequencing in something else. Also you need a keyboard, even if your beats are sample based. For Bass Lines and added instruments. Other wise all you can do is drums and samples which gets boring and is not very inspiring or creative. The magic of sampling is fliopping it. IN MY OPINION THAT MEANS TAKING IT, CHOPPING IT, AND ADDING TO IT
To create your own song. Without those 3 elements you are just replaying a loop that weve already heard.

Back