Korg Prophecy

L

lanlan

Hey boys (and girls)...

I need your opinion on the Korg Prophecy. Someone trying to pawn one to me for under $200.00... question is, do I need another VA...

Price is decent, monosynth VA, dual ribbon looks fun, had awesome reviews when released mid 90s...

Back to my question, will this add anything to my rig? I have two VAs already, Korg MS2000R and a Roland JP-8000. Will this just add redundancy?

I'd say it wouldn't be redundant at all as when compared to the two you have they each have a distinct sound. For under 200 it might be worth picking it up and then pass it along to someone else later if you don't like it.

The interface can be a tad annoying but, the sound makes up for it. It could compliment the two you have quite nicely depending upon the sound direction you are heading.

I still have my Korg Prophecy, I would not sell it for under $500. I still enjoy the performance controls on the keybord and the sound is still valid for many applications. Poly is low about two notes.

DAMN! I wish I knew someone trying to sell me a Prophecy for $200. I'd buy it with the only question being whether everything works.

lanlan said:
..Back to my question, will this add anything to my rig? I have two VAs already, Korg MS2000R and a Roland JP-8000. Will this just add redundancy?
Hello lanlan, long time no see :P
The Prophecy is Physical Modeling, not VA (well, it could be considered a VA depending on your definition of VA..) but anyway, it is a monophonic version of the infamous Z1!

I have used the MOSS board which was a 6-voice version of the Z1, and I can tell you that it can create a lot of interesting sounds that you wouldn't be able to reproduce on either the MS or the JP!

200$!! If I were you I'd go for it in a heartbeat!
if not, tell me how I can contact the guy :D

Hey Blue!!

Ya man, longtime :)

I moved out of the country so just recently been getting back in here. It's nice to see things haven't changed much. Everyone still mocks...err helping noobs out! lol...

I'm in Costa Rica now, hardware availability seems slim and stupid expensive (I'm sure there are stores, just haven't found them yet).

I paypal'd funds to my cuz back in Canada for the Prophecy :cheers:

(apparently everything works, has scratches...bu i figure $175 what the hey!) :D

I haven't been here for a while..
seems quiet! :hello:

hope you like the Prophecy.
if you don't you could always sell it there and make a little profit ;)

:cheers:

Back