k-station or korg ms2000

PHOnOmusic

Hi, Im from Venezuela and I cant go to a store to try them both, so im gonna buy one of these with a friend of mine thats going to the US, so what would you recommend, they are in the same price range, I got about $800.

music style: trip hop, ambient, drum n bass, hip hop....

Novation K-station or Korg MS-2000?????

I'd say k-station, but I haven't tried it out... I heard some demo's of it and it sounds great. I've tried out the korg though, and I don't think it would work for what you want to do.

I don't think you can compare the K-Station with the MS2000, the MS2000 is way better and I don't think they are in the same price range (In Holland they aren't).

So if you can only choose between these 2 synths I'd really take the MS2000!

Korgs have a very crunchy and digital sound, novations are a lot warmer and phatter. very good for drum n bass style sounds, waarrp waarrp!
:angel:
strigg

I prefer the Novations too
sounding warmer and have more polyphony (I think the MS2000 has only 4-voice polyphony (what's very little for a newer synth), and to work fine I would recommend AT LEAST 6-voice polyphony

on the other side:
the analog ancestors of the MS2000 - the Korg MS-10/20 - are very phat and warm sounding, but you have to patch them, and they lack storage memory and MIDI...

so for practical reasons I would recommend the recent Novations

Peace !! :cheers:

Remember it's about the A-Station, not the Nova...

A-Station is monotrimble...

i think its about the k-station, which is multitimbral.
:)
strigg

k-station is the same as the a-station apart from the keys...

yes, silly me!
i will check my facts first, b4 posting next time!
;)
strigg

Back