I Just Won a DSI Mopho from Producers Edge Magazine!

Sorry Infradead! That's hella funny about the bike! I know I have never won anything in my life before this so at least it didn't go to some lucky, unappreciative MoFo!

I am stoked about it, so far I am loving it!

ONE

kcsherrell@mac.com said:
DonaldCrunk - Thanks for the info, obviously you have both the Blofeld and the Mopho? You seem to know a lot about both pieces. Do you get good use out of both pieces together, or do you tend to use them for different things, Example: one for bass and the other for pads or leads? I am just wondering because so far the Mopho seems to do extremely well with Bass', although I have not dug deep into it yet to see what all it will do?

ONE

have used both somewhat extensively in a production environment.

i tend to use synths like that for general mayhem rather than 'pads' or 'leads' or what have you. i don't find the source timbre as important for pads, so i generally just use whatever i have lying around for those and effect the **** out of them.

but for computer modem noises, glitched out weirdness, agressive splurts of synth noise? yes both of those instruments are fantastic. for just straight and simple tones, though, i probably couldn't tell them apart from any other VA (yes i realize the mopho is analog) in a mix. maybe i'm deaf, whatever.

i don't know what youplanned on using them for, but you should get good use out of the pair no matter what!

DonaldCrunk - Thanks for the information! I really appreciate the feedback. I have been finding new uses for the Blofeld in my stuff since I bought it back in October, and I am still finding new and expressive stuff as I go. Now that I have the DSI Mopho, which I have not even hardly began to explore, I can only be excited when thinking about the possibilities!

Now, if only I can get a few days off!

ONE

Back