I Just Won a DSI Mopho from Producers Edge Magazine!

kcsherrell@mac.com

Resident Beatsmith
Its true! I can't freakin' believe it! I never win anything, but I just got notice from Xodus Phoenix at Producers Edge Magazine, that I won it through an online drawing I entered!

Again, this is awesome that little piece of kit looks amazing, well anything Dave Smith does is!

I just wanted to brag a little! LOL and I also wanted to give big props to Producers Edge Magazine, which is a great Magazine and its free online, so if you don't already know, go and check them out at producersedgemagazine.com

So remember to always enter these online drawing, because I ahve never won anything and I just got an e-mail confirming it will be at my door tomorrow through UPS! Thanks Again Producers Edge!

ONE

Last edited:
LOL, that's funny, because I actually already have the Blofeld and I love that joint! With the Mopho and my my Micron along with the Soft Synths I have, I think I will be all set in the synth department!

ONE

Congrats! (you beat me out on it!) I'm glad it went to a FPer and glad it went to you! Keep us updated and give us a review!

very cool. Congrats.

I won a moutain bike from Moutain Dew once....said so on the bottle cap. I sent email and cap in. never got my dam bike delivered......F*U Pepsi!

Thanks Obi! So you entered into the drawing too huh? Its funny because I never win anything! But it actually just came today! UPS delivered it at 5:45PM (Kinda late huh?) I had a game o go to so I am just now hooking it up, I will let you know how it is!

ONE

Aphena,

Thanks! and I am sorry you got ripped off by Pepsi, that totally sucks! I know I was stoked to find out I won this Mopho, but I must say I really didn't totally believe it until it showed up at my door (UPS) this afternoon!

ONE

Last edited:
thats ****ing sick dude congrats pimp let us know whats good or bad with it lol

kcsherrell@mac.com said:
Thanks youngjboy! Preciate it!

ONE

No prob. I was debating on picking up one myself or a prophet 08, but I just copped an Ion off Craigslist so that is my latest gear purchase, although a mopho may still be in the future.

That's Cool! I dig the Ion, I actually have the Alesis Micron and love that little joint!

I am actually getting pretty stoked at my synth rig, I got the Mopho, Micron, Waldorf Blofeld and I also got he MPC 5000 which has a descent synth in it (I think).

I love the Blofeld to death and like I said, I also really dig the Micron, and from what I have seen so far, the Mopho is off the chain!

ONE

kcsherrell@mac.com said:
That's Cool! I dig the Ion, I actually have the Alesis Micron and love that little joint!

I am actually getting pretty stoked at my synth rig, I got the Mopho, Micron, Waldorf Blofeld and I also got he MPC 5000 which has a descent synth in it (I think).

I love the Blofeld to death and like I said, I also really dig the Micron, and from what I have seen so far, the Mopho is off the chain!

ONE

Yeah, I just picked up the Ion, and I already have a Studio Electronics ATC-X quad filter. I played the prophet 08, and it sounds quite fat, and I thought about swooping it up and then the Ion deal came along:p The mopho may still be an option though. I actually have a MP-7 and its knobs produce some nice tweaks also.

YoungJBoy - That's funny we have a lot of similar gear! You have the MP-7, I have the Mo'Phatt Rack. I use it all the time I love that piece!

Obi - Yeah, I will. Give me a couple of days to check it out and then I will get in touch with you to see how to go about doing it on your site?

ONE

Kcsherrel we probbly have a lot of the same gar. In all I have a motif xs, fantom xr, mp-7, ion, atc-x, mpc 2500, ensoniq mirage, and yamaha drumset

KC-

should be a nice piece of gear for you. congrats!

i think the dark tonality you can get from that thing will compliment your blofeld well.

both of those synths can get pretty bizarre and agressive if you want them to, you'll enjoy the 'output hack' function i'm sure... i know i did..

Obi - I will PM you in a day or two for the review!

YoungJBoy - Yeah, we do have a lit of the same stuff! I have the Motif XS6, Fantom X6, Emu Mo'Phatt Rack, MPC 5000 (although I just had the 2500 LE), & Micron that matches or closely matches your gear set! I have some other stuff too, but You can go to my profile if you want to see all my setup?

DonaldCrunk - Thanks for the info, obviously you have both the Blofeld and the Mopho? You seem to know a lot about both pieces. Do you get good use out of both pieces together, or do you tend to use them for different things, Example: one for bass and the other for pads or leads? I am just wondering because so far the Mopho seems to do extremely well with Bass', although I have not dug deep into it yet to see what all it will do?

ONE

damn you i was supposed to win it ;)

way to go man..

last thing i won was a girls bike in 8th grade.. hella embarrassing
i did trade it in for a mountain bike but still all my mates knew that i won a girls bike

Back