How to mod a keyboard with no input/output so i can hook up into my mixer or usb?

N

newbieproduce

how can i mod this keyboard with no output or input..not even a usb and to plug into my mixer or into a usb so i can use it for its sound. it's a sound that i've never heard before and I REALLY wanna put it in one of my beats. i've seen a producuer do it before, and i wanted to know how can i go about this.

What keyboard has no output? How do you know what it sound like then? lol

Is it an acoustic piano? If it really has no output, only option is to mic it like the other guy said.

It probably has built in speakers.

Best thing to do is open it up. Find where it connects the audio output to the speakers.

With a soldering iron:
  • Tack a cable to each point on the speakers.
  • Connect each of the other cable ends to a 33 ohm resistor.
  • Connect the other end of each 33 ohm resistor to one side of a stereo socket (+ side) or the ground point (- side) (the speakers should have + or - next to where the cable ends join them)
  • Drill mounting hole in the keyboard case for the socket.
  • Mount the socket, making sure that no electrical part touches any other electrical part
  • Close up the case.
  • Problem solved

modAKeyboard.png

The resistors are used to drop the audio level a little as well as a few other circuit related things in the keyboard. You will still need to modify the gain on your daw/soundcard to avoid clipping etc.

Hey Band , where did you get the 33 Ohm from ?
Just as I was reading the thread , I thought in mind that the values would be higher (in the K Ohm range) ?

I'm treating it like it's a headphone output from a small wattage (sub 1w) stereo amplifier. Could multiply by a factor of 100 to eliminate other issues as well I guess.

Yes I assumed something like ten Watt .

About 8.47 Volt across the speaker (assuming 8 Ohm for speaker impedance) .
All depends on the input impedance of the AI I suppose (line in).
I would be erring on the caution side and work down from something 10 KOhm ..... ( a big chicken here :P ) .

Cheers mate , I might have nosey around about this ..... actually ....
.....argg ya git ..... I should be sleeping not thinking about this :P

Yep, it would help to know what we are dealing with first...... OP? what is the keyboard make and model???????

Back