HELP I have 2 Motifs, but I only need 1

D

DezMondo

I helped a friend out, and bought his Motif Rack and M-Audio Keystation 88. I already have a Motif 6. I'm looking to get rid of one of them, but I'm not sure which one. What would you do in this situation?

If this helps I make R&B and some Hip Hop. You can hear some of my stuff at www.myspace.com/thesouljoint.

Here's my gear list:

Yanaha Motif 6
Yamaha Motif Rack
M-Audio Keystation 88
E-Mu Mk-6 w/ Protozoa ROM
Behringer Truth B2031 Monitors
Digi 002
Presonus Eureka Channel Strip
Rode NT-1A Mic
Tascam CD-RW700 CD Burner

I've been sitting on this Rack for about 6-7 months & now it's time to get rid of one of them. I'm looking for some fresh ideas to upgrade my studio & change my work flow.

Any help will be appreciated.

do you use the Motif 6 keyboard sequencer much? do you program your own sounds?

if not, then IMO there is no need for the keyboard version, since you already have a nice 88!

sell it and for the price getting something you really need for your home studio.

I would personally get rid of the rack since the keyboard version has the sampler and sequencer built in.

Bluedays said:
do you use the Motif 6 keyboard sequencer much? do you program your own sounds?

if not, then IMO there is no need for the keyboard version, since you already have a nice 88!

sell it and for the price getting something you really need for your home studio.
thats what i was thinkin

Thanks for the replies. I do use the sequencer in the Motif, mainly because I don't have anything else to sequence with (I'm a die hard hardware guy). I've gotten rid of 2 MPC 2000xls in the last year & a half, because I don't sample that much, plus I tried to like the Motif sequencer. I prefer the work flow of the MPC sequencer, so I'm thinking about getting rid of the 6 and getting an MPC 1000. It gives me the 2 midi outs to control the Rack & the MP-7, plus a decent amount of ram (stock) if I do decide to sample.

EmPeeWutt.gif

Among the best sigs I've yet seen. Nice.

-Hoax

Back