Grunge Nasty Synth

high_stakes_gtr

Sup everyone. Im looking for a really nasty distorted synth or some kind of filter that will give me a really I guess lo-fi sound if im correct. Im trying to get that effect of KoRns guitars in a synth. Im not trying to recrate it exactly, Im just looking for something of that sort.

Just drive your synth(s) through various distortion, overdrive, fuzz, amp sim and whatnot effects and don't be afraid to actually try things yourself...;)

high_stakes_gtr said:
Sup everyone. Im looking for a really nasty distorted synth or some kind of filter that will give me a really I guess lo-fi sound if im correct. Im trying to get that effect of KoRns guitars in a synth. Im not trying to recrate it exactly, Im just looking for something of that sort.

Dont know how korns guitars sound but as kruching said its a matter of applying the right effects ea distortion and beforehand of course choosing the sound you want to do this to. Dont forget you dont necessarily need hardware for it. You can use VST instruments together with VST effect plugins.

:cheers:

oops

Dude, I thought I was in the software section, my appologies. Well I have tried some experimenting myself with various sounds but I was just looking to find some other approaches. So far the best sound I can get is from orchestra strings passed through this distortion plugin I have. If anyone knows of a really good distortion plugin then let me know. Laterz

V Synth gets pretty damn grungy, even without distortion. And you can add overdrive/distortion at 3 different points in the signal chain (simultaneously, if you want). Some evil shït lurking in there.

-Hoax

Back