FL Studio Recording (ASIO Driver?) help.

travisg6

TravieBeats
i Use an Oxygen 61 midi controller in FL studio. It says i need ASIO drivers in order to record with optimal latency, however im not exactly sure what an ASIO driver is, can someone elaborate, and help find me a solution? want to be able to record directly into edison or another program with no latency

Last edited:
It should have came in your FL Studio installation. I'll put a link up. ASIO basically is FL Studio's driver. It takes your default sound drive and makes it better. At least that's the best way I can describe it. Here is there website download.

Once you install it, go to "Options", then "Audio Settings" in FL Studio and for the input/output driver click on ASIO. Then hit "Show ASIO Panel" and it should list all your other installed drivers. Find your default sound driver and hit the power button on the left side of it to where it turns blue. Then it should work. Have fun.

For me, when using the asio driver, i have to close any other program that uses audio, like itunes. Restart FL studio, then when you check the output on the mixer, it'll say HD audio output 1 & 2, then i get sound.

Back