fantom x for 900 or fantom g for 1500 which is better for price

The Fantom G I know has 1600 presets vs Fantom X 1100

The Fantom G seems to be easier to navigate and create an entire song structure from intro to outro unless im wrong, but the external mouse is a huge plus.

So being that I have never played with either, is the G better even at that price as well as more sounds.

Does anyone know if its just as easy to create an enitre structered song for ex copy paste delete certain parts inside the Fantom when making a song from intro to outro.

Then I was thinking I can just buy an srx expansion.

So I guess I answered my own question

Good thing I answered my own question, I just remembered that a post will get 200 views and no replies. Ive noticed that about this forum. People have so many questions buy like myself noone has an answer lol.

Thanks

I will help you

I sold the farm for a Fantom G back in the day. It was cool, but it wiped out the rest of my setup. I would go with a Fantom X and SRX expansions. i didn't see any sonic advantage from the G over the Fantom XR You can get an X6 for around $800 on ebay these days.

I sold the farm for a Fantom G back in the day. It was cool, but it wiped out the rest of my setup. I would go with a Fantom X and SRX expansions. i didn't see any sonic advantage from the G over the Fantom XR You can get an X6 for around $800 on ebay these days.

Thanks for the comment. I decided to go with an x88 it was 1300, but mint condition (like literally). The g6 was 1600 so good thing i went with the x after reading what you said. i had a chance to get the x6 for 950 but cosmetically it was a disaster. So I decided to pay the extra money and go for the mint x8. Buying stuff used, when I do, I hate when they are just so worn out or i wouldve went for the cheaper x6. whats your opinion? did i make a good choice. Im mos def gonna look into those srx expansions. thanks

The Fantom X8 is build like a tank and is a classic piece of hardware, and the sounds still hold up in my opinion. I wish I had one myself, I got a Fantom XR now. Word of advice is at some point you may consider selling it just cause of it's value. Don't do it! Every studio needs a good keyboard. Build around that that thing!

The Fantom X8 is build like a tank and is a classic piece of hardware, and the sounds still hold up in my opinion. I wish I had one myself, I got a Fantom XR now. Word of advice is at some point you may consider selling it just cause of it's value. Don't do it! Every studio needs a good keyboard. Build around that that thing!

youre awesome to reply again. thanks. i feel really good about my purchase. almost even went with the roland fa but all the synth sounds sounded all the damn same. i was like whaaaatt the the hell is this. 2000 sounds in the fa but with most sounding the same forget it. Now I just need to get some srx expansions. Im thinking dance supreme, platinum trax, complete orchestra and of course 1 more to fill that 4th slot.

Back