expanding my arsenal

CarnalDisco

Hi all :) i am a hip-hop/drum and bass/dubstep/house producer and have been for some years now, i do alot of sampled beats and use ableton , reason and mainly fl studio for my production. i have allways just used a labtop and a midi keyboard for my productions but have recently been offered a kaospad 3 pretty cheap, so i am wondering what i could acomplish with such a device :) has anyone got any experience with using it as a usb midi controller as oposed to what i have normally seen it being used for as a live effect interface ? i hope you can help me :)

---------- Post added 03-14-2013 at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-11-2013 at 01:10 PM ----------

bump ....

Just as a controller? Well, it'd be nice for Live's X-Y pad control, for sure (although I'm not sure how's the resolution on that thing) - and as said, it's a fun live tool. But if it's cheap, go get it, see how you get on with it and sell it off if it doesn't suit your style. Granted, you'll almost always lose a bit of money in these situations (ie. selling it off) but not much other ways to gather actual experience with different devices (poking around at a music store doesn't really count, imo).

Back