EMU sound libraries without card?

C

cbrewer

Is it possible to use the EMU Emulator X or Proteus X and it's sound libs without having an EMU card? Or other EMU hard ware? Wat are the requirements??

dont think so
u will need either an emu card or one of the xboard midi controllers, or the Emu Midi 2x2 interface

i bought the Proteus X2, and it brought that little MIDI interface in the box along with the cd's, i tried running the software without that connected and got nothing but errors, after installing the drivers and everything it worked like a charm

Is it worth it to buy?

Like basically are the sounds better then say sampletank or hypersonic?

Last edited by a moderator:
yea it's got hot sounds, like the whole proteus 2000 soundset, and the mo phatt and there's more sound libraries that you can get for it that sound nice too:)
i like it
got it for 99 dollars in GC last thursday

i personally don't like sample tank
Hypersonic is another beast

Last edited by a moderator:
Proteus X2 is one of the best kept secrets in the biz right now, IMHO.

If you buy one of Emu's Xboard controllers, you get something like 3GB of sounds with it, plus you can mail in a rebate form and they'll send you MoPhatt, Protean drums and some other thing I can't remember right now.

yep, it cam with a whole bunch of sample libraries with it
and they sound official

Yeah cuz more and more people I talk to are talkin bout these emu products. thanks for the info guys

I got the 1616 its dope. IT comes with proteous LE. Its good enough to really make me consider getting the full thing. It easily kills hypersonic and the expansions are cheap for the old sounds. 50 bucks a peice.

Back