Does the miko/neko operate like an instrument?

GarishGuac

I currently have a motif es8 and although its called a sample workstation I consider it pretty much an instrument based on how easy it is to use and create a beat with. I was wondering if using a neko is more similar to this type of setup or is it basically just a midikeyboard with a built in computer and a lot of good vsts.

It's basically what you said in that it's a MIDI keyboard with a built in computer with A LOT of good VSTs. FROM my experience with them anyway.

I personally can do more with my beasty ass computer (which is much better than the one inside that Neko) and a plain ol' midi keyboard. I'd spend that money on some of the plugins that they have installed on those things or a really good MIDI controller. I know its a bare answer but that's my take on em :)

It's basically what you said in that it's a MIDI keyboard with a built in computer with A LOT of good VSTs. FROM my experience with them anyway.

I personally can do more with my beasty ass computer (which is much better than the one inside that Neko) and a plain ol' midi keyboard. I'd spend that money on some of the plugins that they have installed on those things or a really good MIDI controller. I know its a bare answer but that's my take on em :)

I agree..

the workflow is not like having a fantom or motif, not yet. It's still like opening up a daw and loading vsts for the most part.

If you're playing live though, it can be a great replacement because of some of the software they have on there specifically for live users.

But when it comes to production, it works pretty much like a computer/midi controller only everything is already mapped to the controls.

Yea I already have a bunch of vsts more than enough and I'm thinkin it's probably smarter and cheaper to get that axiom pro and a new dual core comp.

yeah, that sounds like a plan man...it's all a matter of what you want to do. They are definitely dope, with the interface and all in one box...but yeah, you can get with a good pc if you already have a bunch of vsts...and a controller.

it's just preference really...they are good machines.

I guess one thing that just hit me tho is that nekos come with touch screens correct? That probably aids the process a great deal. As well as the touchpad mouse.

touchscreens are a nice touch, indeed. If you really wanted one, you could buy one to hookup to your computer....

but yes, the all in one box is definitely a nice alternative to a bunch of parts

Back