Casio WK 1800 for MIDI Sequencing??

• Thread starter Deleted member 5747
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5747

Has anyone used the Casio WK 1800 for MIDI sequencing with software like Reason, Logic or Cubase???

Nope, but it supports general MIDI so you can use it for that :)

Also, if you are just looking for a MIDI controller check out the Evolution MK-249c. It's fairly small and light and it's got lots of assignable knobs. Plus it looks great, it's fairly cheap, and i've never seen anyone sayanything even remotely bad about it.

Hey Thx for your post,

Yea i was looking for a good MIDI keyboard to use with my soft synths and i heard from a friend that the Casio WK 1800 was pretty good for MIDI but i just might go with that Evolution MK-249c. Thanks.

Then again i've heard Casio WK-1800 is good for Hiphop production at a fair price and i want to sample some of the sounds plus sequence MIDI info into my software, anymore reviews on this keyboard??

I found 1 review, not too helpful I think though....

"A good keyboard to learn to play on, the sounds are good, the display shows you the chords as you play them(In full range chord). It has a little staff which you can use to document a note if you don't know how to write sheet music. It has built in patterns which in essence act as a jamming partner, so you could plug it in and start jamming to a preset beat. Built in speakers so it's plug and play, and also has a footpedal input for a sustain pedal. The floppy drive only reads type 0 midi, which sucks because most of the files I downloaded off the internet are type 1 or something different. If you want to save 100 bucks you could go with the 1630 which is the same keyboard without the floppy and without the stereo out, you would have to hook it up to a PA with the headphone out. It is a better keyboard to learn on than the "pro" keyboards. I started with a Kurzweil K2000 which was too deep for a beginner, learn to play on something like this and then buy some sound modules to hook this up to, it makes a good 76 key midi controller. "

Man, that Evolution MK-249C MIDI keyboard looks like it'll definitely benefit all the Soft synths and sequencers i got on my PC. I'm definitely gonna order one.

Does anyone here own that MIDI keyboard?

249c looks sweet for controlling knobs on software and recording MIDI info i'll be ordering it real soon!

Back