Buying new gear

OverrRyde

Hey guys, im buying some new gear shortly (rack modules preferably), most likely off ebay, but i can't seam to make a choice. Im thinking about a triton and/or motif (rack, both). What other modules are worth taking a look at? i have a small budget of 500$ to 1000$ to start off with and want to get the best bang-for-buck.

Keep in mind ive never had actual hardware and that's why i need your input, always been using soft, but i want to venture that route now!

Thanks!

Yeah that does look interesting.

What else can i look at for older modules?
currently, im bidding on a kord triton, motif (non-es), mo'phatt and proteus 2000, based on post im seeing here.

What else could be recommended?

thanks!

ps: i know all the "it's not what you have" argument and well aware, but im just looking for something to get hardware wise

have a play on a 2nd hand Roland XP-30.. open the techno sound wave expansion... lots of great sounds.

not too modular, but you can change things for sure.

also, has effects.

i have been greatly enjoying a borrowed one, although i think they are 400 second hand.

i would not have chosen this synth as i usually prefer more modular synths, however the XP30 has the sweetest richest sounds, direct from the JV1080 sound module sets (v high quality).
i used to work with a Nord Lead 2, and somehow i much prefer the XP-30.. great feeling keyboard too. wicked arpeggiator.. gotta get the right settings tho, as there's a few different parameters.

plus, theres room for two extra wave expansions. if you get a chance to have a play on one, go for the opportunity cos these sure are nice pieces of gear, and undervalued too which is cool. :)

Last edited:
Back