Best sounds for hip hop

nowicki222

Hallo everybody!

I currently own a yamaha motif xs6. I have it for about a year and its my only sound source. Im getting a bit bored with the sounds on it. Can you guys recommend some good hardware ( racks,synths, anything really) or software with good sounds for hip hop.

THX

Hallo everybody!

I currently own a yamaha motif xs6. I have it for about a year and its my only sound source. Im getting a bit bored with the sounds on it. Can you guys recommend some good hardware ( racks,synths, anything really) or software with good sounds for hip hop.

THX

Andromeda-thumb.jpg

Last edited:
you have the best what kind of sounds do u need? hip hop doesnt exactly use special sounds that other people wont

Well...almost anything could be a "hip-hop" sound. There are no set sounds. Try re-defining ur sounds. I have the same motif. Go to ur voice edits and edit the sounds. Take a random sound, add some effects to it. Use Arp... Install the sound editing software on ur pc, if u have one, edit the sounds on the computer. There's so much you can do to the sounds. I have a feeling you're using just the presets.
Explore the board more, or you'll run into the sounds issue no matter what you buy.

Last edited:
yo... if your looking for hip hop sounds looks for lo-fi synths/rack synths from the 80s. most hip hop producers today still use these and many new producers waste a **** ton of money on motifs and fantoms... sell your gear to guitar center or on craigs list and buy a bunch of vintage gear. my only suggestion.

all the sounds on the motif fantom and triton are too crispy, its not for hip hop its better for trance/techno etc. analog synths are where its at.

yo... if your looking for hip hop sounds looks for lo-fi synths/rack synths from the 80s. most hip hop producers today still use these and many new producers waste a **** ton of money on motifs and fantoms... sell your gear to guitar center or on craigs list and buy a bunch of vintage gear. my only suggestion.
imo it depends on what you are trying to achieve. not everyone is going for that 80s sound. i myself like to play keys and make it sound sampled but i keep a 12 bit sampler and an analog synth around for bass at all times. but i love the motif and i love tritons

Back