ASIO4ALL & RealTek HD Problem

Jcool

[Solved]
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. I've recently noticed in FL Studio that ASIO4ALL sounds different than using my onboard RealTek HD driver (listed as Primary Sound Driver in FL Studio). ASIO4ALL sounds more flat and has more clarity, whereas RealTek sounds muddier and bassier. I actually encountered the exact same problem in the past, but I can't remember what I did to fix it. I know that my fix actually made my Primary Sound Driver sound exactly like ASIO4ALL no matter what program I was using to play back the audio and even if I was not using ASIO4ALL. For some reason, maybe because of a Windows Update, my fix was undone. I don't know how long it's been messed up again since I never use ASIO4ALL unless it's to record with vocal tracking. I've tried manually downloading and installing the latest RealTek drivers, I've tried reverting to the original RealTek drivers that came with my computer, and yes, all enhancements in the device have been disabled. And the sample rates are the same as well. Any idea what is going on?

Edit: I fixed it again. Don't know how. Maybe it was updating the driver and I still thought it sounded different because I accidentally had FL Studio turned down in the mixer when on Primary Sound Driver, and since ASIO4ALL uses your device volume (not the specific program volume in the windows mixer) I was deceiving myself. Once I adjusted the volume they sound identical. :victory:

Last edited:
Back