Arturia Origin

krushing

Is this just out or what? The Arturia site was down a couple of hours ago. Anyway, seems pretty neat-o.

Flash intro
Specs

origin_3D_600x506.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very promising... :bigeyes:
Especially the compatibility with the classic synth emulation patches from Arturia (MOOG Modular, Minimoog, ARP2600, CS-80, Prophet-5).

looks promising!!

I wonder how much it will cost though.
cause the Arturia Minimoog / CS80 / ARP2600 / Modular are $250 each!!
add to that a 32-step analog sequencer, a large LCD, effect processor, and an extensive control surface w. analog / digital I/Os...

do you still think it would be under 2000? :D

It looks great. Unfortunately, I think it's going to be pretty expensive - at least as much as Nord Modular G2 keyboard costs. If the software instruments come with it, I think I'd get it over a Nord Modular G2 (I already have a Nord Modular G1), but if it doesn't, it could really expensive very quickly.

I was under the impression that the Origin doesn't exactly include the full instruments, but rather parts of them. I guess they don't want too much overlap in their product range...

Pricing and Availability:
MSRP : $2999 USD / € 2299
MAP : $2499 USD / €1999
Available September 2007

This thing is an overpriced doorstop. It is Arturia's most insidious dongle to date...In the end, regardless of the shell, still a case for softsynths and "TAE" isn't all that to begin with.

I just wait for the software version of this product...and still not but it. Because this isn't a modular with componets from a minimoog, modular moog, prophet, or CS-80...it is componets from Arturia's crappy emulations...

Anyway, this is a led balloon...

The NAMM pictures show it with a color screen which I imagine would make it unbelievably expensive.

Back