Akai's New Lineup

No doubt the LPK's are a response to KORG micro series.

The MPK61 is what I've been waiting for. But unless they've made the keys more quality, and giving it better mapping or even auto mapping, I won't make that jump to software just yet. probably won't anyways.

On those monitors. I'm pretty sure Akai owns Alesis, or vice versa, and those look remarkably similar to the Alesis Active mkII's. They're prolly the exact same, just re-designed aesthetically.

Yeah. I thought the Monitors were a little but random. I know I wasn't expecting that, but on sweetwater it says they were "Specially designed for use with Akai Professional's MPC music-production products, these RPM8 studio reference monitors are made to bring the bass!"

I don't think that people are going to rush out and purchase them just for their MPC. (Although some people might)

that mpk61 looks good. better looking than the mpk88 which i dont like. the lpd8 looks cool too. i hope its made better than the korg one.
lpd8.png

mpk61.png

Last edited:
Yeah. I thought the Monitors were a little but random. I know I wasn't expecting that, but on sweetwater it says they were "Specially designed for use with Akai Professional's MPC music-production products, these RPM8 studio reference monitors are made to bring the bass!"

I don't think that people are going to rush out and purchase them just for their MPC. (Although some people might)

I'm a give em a listen, when they're out of course. If they're priced right and sound right I might grab em. It seem it's hard to find a pair of monitors under 500 with no DSP eq correction BS. I don't like that stuff. It seems to degrade the sound more than it helps.

No doubt the LPK's are a response to KORG micro series.

The MPK61 is what I've been waiting for. But unless they've made the keys more quality, and giving it better mapping or even auto mapping, I won't make that jump to software just yet. probably won't anyways.

On those monitors. I'm pretty sure Akai owns Alesis, or vice versa, and those look remarkably similar to the Alesis Active mkII's. They're prolly the exact same, just re-designed aesthetically.

Yeah Akai, Alesis, Numark are under the same umbrella. Alot of their products are rebranded into each other. When they took over stuff started going south.

Innovation must be dead over there at Akai now.

Ya damn right it is.
Hey Akai, why don't you make something good alright?

8E16EF1C7158A36656A3C484F2DABE.jpg

Hell, I mean it ain't that hard is it? Just make an update version of the MPC 2500, get them boys that did JJ OS on board. Make it support 24-bit sampling (and lower) give it quality components and the classic pads. A blue screen and CUT the BS. And make a digital version of the MPC, that would **** the market up. Imagine virtual MPC functionality.

Ya damn right it is.
Hey Akai, why don't you make something good alright?

8E16EF1C7158A36656A3C484F2DABE.jpg

Hell, I mean it ain't that hard is it? Just make an update version of the MPC 2500, get them boys that did JJ OS on board. Make it support 24-bit sampling (and lower) give it quality components and the classic pads. A blue screen and CUT the BS. And make a digital version of the MPC, that would **** the market up. Imagine virtual MPC functionality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWx_eAbnUJ8&feature=channel_page

NO. Not the beat thang. in fact. if they could just clone a couple of the older PC models and bring up to date. That would be the best move they could ever make.

Yeah Akai, Alesis, Numark are under the same umbrella. Alot of their products are rebranded into each other. When they took over stuff started going south.
As soon as I read this, I instantly thought of how much the "new" Akai monitors resemble the "old" Alesis Prolinear 820's.
Just another rebrand I suppose.
Alesis Prolinear 820
PL820double-b0f84907968a3a8d40e6cb39f69d342e.jpg

Akai RPM8
rpm8_web_angle_med.png

New paint job I suppose.
FWIR the 820's are not too bad.

Last edited:
And make a digital version of the MPC, that would **** the market up. Imagine virtual MPC functionality.

The mpc interface works great for the MPC, but on a computer, you're way better with a more complex sequencer.

Back