Akai MPD24 vs Korg padKONTROL vs M-Audio Trigger Finger?

Minor Sun

i'm sure you get these kinds of questions all the time, but I'd like to know which would be the most beneficial controller out of the three. I'm mainly looking something to produce with, as well as DJ with... any guidance or opinions are welcome. Thanks

I've haven't heard too much complaining about either pad control. However, I would suggest staying away from the Trigger Finger as those have been discontinued by M-Audio.

If you can check them out at your local music store to see which feels better / works best for your needs.

?? Seems my post dissapeared in cyberspace

Don't get the trigger finger.

MPD24 is good, MPD32 is better and not much more expensive, out the box functionality is better, more rotaries and faders for mixing.

padKONTROL has great pads with lights and good velocity response, also has more functionality under the surface and a whooole lot of scenes (more pad banks)
In native mode, padkontrol doubles as a bidirectional DAW control surface (think el-cheapo apc40), look for nativeKONTROL or google for the Covert Operators' pK Squared (no longer supported)

Back