Advice for Setting up DAW with MIDI/AUDIO via 2 pcs

TheHobbit

Hi

I'm using Cubase 5 as main DAW. I want to use a 2nd pc for hosting VSTs intruments and effects to reduce the pay load on the daw, but be able to easily save my projects and not run a 2nd sequencer on the 2nd PC. Both PCs have XP.

I dont want to spend much (if anything) on this. Any recommendations of free applications that will do this seemlessly.

Bascially :
PC 1 running Daw Cubase 5
PC 2 running VSTs in an appropriate host.
Stream Audio to PC2 from PC1 and return to PC 1 recording in Cubase
Send MIDI from PC1 Cubase 5 to 2nd PC.

Im after the best solution with minimal latency.

To help advice here is what Im using

PC 1 Cubase 5 Audio Interface Mackie 1620 firewire using Emagic unitor 8 Midi interface.

PC 2 Savi Host (Or anything else people can recommend) with Echo Gina 24

Other kit Synths with Access Virus (I understand the virus has midi and can be used as a sound card and I tend to use the USB inputs direct into Cubase 5 on PC1 rather than 1/4'' Jack stereo outs. If I use the Virus on P2 I am guessing when saving projects Cubase 5 wont save the settings etc from PC2.

Im open to suggestions and hope Ive made this clear. I am wondering if its theres a better way to configure the existing set up buit my heads spinning at the moment.

Any more information needed please ask.

Many thanks

PC2 Setup PC >< Unitor 8 >< Synths >Routed via Mackie firewire >into Cubase 5
----
Cubase 5/Unitor 8 Midi/Access Virus/Prophet 08/JV 1080/Access Virus/JD800/MC505/TC Firweworx/TC Triple C/Vanguard/Slyenth/Waves///PC I7 920/Win XP/6GB Ram/Raptor HD/Echo Gina 24/P4 3.4/$GB/Raptor HD/

Last edited:
Back