Access Virus | TI Snow

I've been looking at the virus now for a while, im really tempted more then ever with the new OS updates coming and all that patch support it gets. I heard access made an upgrade to the OS that lets you mess up a voice if your working on vocals, which I thought was too cool plus the other features you already get with the virus's. And these things looks so nice in person. I haven't touched the waldorft yet, probably a while till its out. How much does it compare to the virus? Cause I know bits and peices, I used to have a Microwave when I waws younger.

that blofeld looks sweet! i like its sound more compared to the virus ti. it reminds me of thomas dolby synths i could never get my hands on! and it has PPG wave filters!!

I have the virus ti and it's the best money I've spent on any instrument. Really excited to see that the TI concept is continually being developed with various additions added for the next OS update.

The price of the TI Snow does look high, but Access still has the Big TI and Polar to sell.

$1500 U.s.a?

stromberg looks nice aswell. Nice spec's.

How come these arent accessible to guitar center? The more they tap into the U.S market the more i can play with these thangs and buy one.

Analog = PHAT

Last edited:
Anyone happen to know why there is such a huge price difference between a TI Snow and a Desktop? I'd really like to know. Perhaps it's the size of the unit or the amount of oscillators that effects sound quality, less preset sounds, etc. Any help?

darin epsilon said:
Anyone happen to know why there is such a huge price difference between a TI Snow and a Desktop? I'd really like to know. Perhaps it's the size of the unit or the amount of oscillators that effects sound quality, less preset sounds, etc. Any help?

The snow has zero oscillators while the desktop has 13. The number of oscillators and size of the unit totally affect the sound quality, so you best get the desktop.

Great, that's exactly what I needed to know. I knew there was a reason why it was significantly cheaper. I'm still not totally familiar how this Totally Integrated system works. Do I just plug the TI desktop in with a USB to the computer and then it acts as a VST, which I can then control with my MIDI controller? Is it smarter to save up for a Virus TI keyboard?

darin epsilon said:
Great, that's exactly what I needed to know. I knew there was a reason why it was significantly cheaper. I'm still not totally familiar how this Totally Integrated system works. Do I just plug the TI desktop in with a USB to the computer and then it acts as a VST, which I can then control with my MIDI controller? Is it smarter to save up for a Virus TI keyboard?

Haha, nonono. I was just kidding. You asked such a weird question that I thought it would be funny to give a weird response.

The difference between the regular TI and the Snow, beyond the obvious interface, is that the Snow has half of the DSP power. Quite literally, there is only 1 DSP chip in the Snow, as opposed to 2 in the full version. In layman's terms, this means that you get 1/2 of the polyphony and "only" 4 parts multitimbral. Aside from that, the sound generation engine is exactly the same. You can load up all of the same patches, etc.

The Total Integration does work akin to a VST, but the processing of audio is offset to the Virus DSP's. The audio is then piped back in via the USB cable. The downside of all of this is that the USB interface is USB 1.1, as opposed to 2.0, so you get 16 bit, 48khz audio. THIS is what would affect your sound quality. You would get a much better sound recording from the TI's DACs.

EDIT:

Oh ****, just realized that you live in Chicago. What part? I'm in Wrigleyville.

Last edited:
Back