$2,500 Digital Orchestra Budget -

fungames

My Mission - To record a modern album that is the opposite of hard hitting drums and kicks but instrumentals that are orchestrated.

I want everything to sound realistic and live like in - Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap Trailer - YouTube at 0:55 after the helicopter goes away.

Needs -
New Monitors or way to listen ( 5.1?)
Super Nice Orchestra Sounds I will not settle for less
Super Nice Jazz Sounds
Quality Funk Sounds
Ability to tweak the sounds easily and EQ them so they can fit in the mix
Workflow - I want an easy to use system for changing and selecting sounds
Rewire - I want to rewire my kong drums into a DAW and use real drum sounds for most my tracks

So what do you recommend?

Note - I prefer playing on beat but I'm willing to work with midi if that is the system you recommend

Current Equipment -
Reason 5.0
Cubase 5
AKG D880 Mic
beheringer eurotrack mx602a
roland micro monitor ma-8
oxygen 61
i5 2600k with 8gb of 1866mhz memory with 500gb harddrive and setup to overclock
default soundcard on gigabyte mobo
alesis qs8.1 - needs repair
an edirol midi port
m-audio Fast track

I record everything in reason atm.

Thanks,
Fungames

You can satisfy your string needs w/ LA Scoring Strings. Their on sale right now for $999. Either that or Hollywood Strings Gold is on sale for $475, Diamond edition is $795

Pair that with Mojo Horns by Vir2 Instruments for $400 and there you have your string/brass section.

For live drums, you can grab Addictive Drums. Very realistic sounding. They have a Jazz AdPak you can grab.

Thank you very much. I decided I have to perfect myself an artist more first before I drop $2,500 because my head is still going through chemistry changes and its weird. One day I can hear all the parts to the song and the next day I wake up and listen to the same song and I can only hear a bass-line that drowns out the rest :(. I guess that is what I get for being on prescription medications.

Ah, so you want to score realistic-sounding orchestral pieces?

You've got some great choices... EastWest, VSL...

One thing is for certain: You won't be using Reason anymore.

Back