SSL X-Desk & MADI XTREME...D-SUB CONNECTORS QUESTIONS

Matty Bhoy

I Kinda know the answer to this question but just want to make sure!

The SSL X-Desk is connected using D-sub connectors, but to connect that to your DAW, you would have to require the SSL APLHA LINK I/O and SSL MADI Xtreme PCI Card right? Which then is connected to your MAC Pro's PCI slots right? Or if you had a Mac laptop you could connect the MADI Xtreme to the laptop by inserting the PCI cards into a some sort of chassis which would then connect to your laptop via ethernet or firewire (Not sure on this) ahaha

If someone could confirm this, it would be a huge help aye, it's been a while and am just referring to an old Protools TDM setup.

Matt

re

i dont know the xdesk but ive had some alpha links for awhile. They usually now come bundled with the pci madi card. Dsub outs are for whatever you are going in and out of (xdesk, patch bays, other mixers). usually the external pci chassis connect via express card slot, but are kind of expensive and not worth it for me.

cheers for that buddy!

Yeah I think I have seen the Alpha Link I/O bundled with the Madi card, hopefully included in the cost, if so that would be an absolut treat. Coz am thinking on buying the X-desk, and the alpha link I/O also the X-rack with a few modules then filling the rack out over time. Have you had any negative thoughts on your alpha links, or have they been run all sweet.

re

cheers for that buddy!

Yeah I think I have seen the Alpha Link I/O bundled with the Madi card, hopefully included in the cost, if so that would be an absolut treat. Coz am thinking on buying the X-desk, and the alpha link I/O also the X-rack with a few modules then filling the rack out over time. Have you had any negative thoughts on your alpha links, or have they been run all sweet.

pretty much the only problem ive had has been they dont have a windows 64 bit wdm driver. I think they are pretty sweet overall. and a good deal for what you get.

Back