Setup Question. Please help.

bonventre

This is a two part question regarding a potential setup for my home production studio. This is an idea I have for something that will suit my PERSONAL production needs comfortably. Before responding, please refrain from smart mouth remarks to the effect of "read the manual" or "you really only need one controller". Again, this is MY personal preference to suit MY own personal needs.

Here goes;

I plan on using a Macbook in my setup with Cubase 6 running as the main sequencer/arranger.

I want to use Arturia Analog Experience Laboratory for the majority of my synth sounds equipped with it's included midi controller for it's tactical functions and portability. Basically, just to control Arturia's sounds inside my DAW.

I alson want to use the Novation Nocturn 49 as a controller to control VSTi other than Arturia's products such as FM8, Massive, and Vanguard.

Lastly, I want to use the KorgMicroKEY to control ONLY drum kits and one shot samples inside my DAW from VSTi such as Battery. (I know this is going out of the world backwards but the heavier and more robust keys feel better for drum programming to me)

These three controllers are all USB capable and I would more than likely have to use a USB port to conjoin them.

My questions is whether or not this setup is possible in the manner I explained it?

Is there a more simple method of going about this setup?

Appreciate the help.

Back