Your favourite sampler?

mano 1

Founder
Staff member
Hi everyone,

What is your favourite sampler? Are you inlove with your old school SP12 Emu or are you more into the latests Yamaha racks?... Let's share your thoughts with everyone.

Welcome to this newforum by theway, dedicated to "samplers"!

Take care

I have the Akai MPC-2000 too ... but I've been using it mainly as a sample playback machine and rarely do any sampling with it. I have been using software samplers such as Cool Edit Pro to actually samples my sounds and modifies with them until I'm satisfy with the feel of the samples. I then dumped the samples to Zip and trigger it using the MPC... It's just a lot easier to tweak with a sample using a mouse and a keyboard.

hey DjJinx, are you sequencing the MPC2000 from a computer or are you using the internal sequencer of the machine? Is it very good?

I'm using the Akai's internal sequencing engine. Very good... Very simple to use... The only thing about the Akai is that to mess around with the sound.. it's much harder to do comparing to just messing around on a computer. I've only used the sequencer on the Trinity, Korg X3 and the Ensoniq ASR-X. I like the Akai MPC-2000 sequencing function the most.

high guys,

Ive used the Akia s3000xl intensly, though i used software
now, i can tell the difference,

the Akia is a very solid sampler, and has a very good sound,
it has 8 audio outs which helps when your tweaking up your sounds on desk, Ive always been a believer that every sound should have its own channel, just in case i need a tweek on the EQ here and there, with my song Sunseeker, this used
two AKIA s3000xls because we really wanted to spoil this track and we run out of polyphony!!! the engineer had a huge 128 channel desk, and man!!!!! we had to double up some sounds cos we used all the channels! geez the days
of tripping over cables, and figuring out where what ive done with the patch bay are over!

:)

peace

dafluxtah
http://www.mp3.com/dafluxtah

hi all,
akai, akai, akai.
i've still got my emu esi-32 that i bought 6 years ago.
it's "rammed" with 32 megs, and hooked digitally into my Roland DM 800.
It's a peice of piss to work, sounds ****ing great, and let's me get on with making music.
if i want effects, i bung it through my TC fireworx.......that sucker really is the bollox, again all routed digitally.
keep it simple, use dedicted kit, effects for effects, samplers for sound sampling.
take care all.
dixie

i never had money enought to buy a BIG sampler. I know akai samplers are good
I only own a Roland S-330, wich as low memory
but for a very small price, this sampler rocks cause of its 8 individual outputs ! And the resonant filters are so GOOD.

since i found a little freeware wich can send wav files to the s330 using MIDI, i keep on using it :D

Akai 3200 cos its a workhorse
Akai 1100 cos it has 18bit DA converters and it makes things sound gritty ... great for drums as it brings them right foward in a mix. ( goes a bit weird on kiks though).

Akais suffer from bad bass end , I was going to get an Emu but I have found recording into the computer at 24bit gives wicked bass , so no point spending money needlessly.

Like the sp1200 but sp12's a bit annoying, but great sound ( you just can't save it ).

the Yamaha A3000 is alright. 18 bit d/a, optical inout; spdif inout; 8 outs; some usable effects; good reverb; an eq(one band) on every sample; an import option; easy mapping of midi channels and note ranges; a good sound; a good front panel; and a cool software prog called A3k disky or something that i think i need SCSI on my pc to use so haven't yet as i don't.
A really nice thing to do is to take the optical out from an old Sony cd player into the sampler's optical in - great for listening (or sampling) as the digital signal is not converted until coming outta the a3000 and it has beautiful d/a converters.
Blah b;la bllll
just sharing.

Gotta go with the AKAI MPC2000XL with 32MB ram.
This is a sick setup, add an external 4.5GB SCSI hard
disk and your set.

This is what I'm currently using.

Hope this helps..

Back