Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst sampler you have owned?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by ego killer View Post
    post the worst sampler you have owned.
    i have had a sampletrak, sp-303, sp-505, microsampler, mpc 500, and mpc 1000.

the worst was the mpc 500. i love the 1000 but the 500 every little thing was a process due to the tiny screen. INSANE menu dives. that said i made some dope **** on it but never ever touched it again after i got other samplers. it was my first sampler.
    mpc500 was the worst, but it's just because I've been an owner of an SP1200, MPC2000 and now Maschine. Hence the mpc500 though a decent sampler in it's own right, doesnt stand a chance when placed next to more prolific samplers.

Thanks
    I demoed kontakt years ago. I really hated it. it sounded harsh.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBANANABOMB View Post
    Worst sampler I've ever used? Probably the Ensoniq Mirage. I like it's ultra-gritty 8-bit sound, but it's such a pain in the ass to use and has shit specs.
    Definitely a good vote, but back when the Mirage was an actual product it wasn't as bad to use since you didn't have a lot of great samplers to compare it too.

My vote would go to the Roland DJ70mkI, it's the only sampler i have met in all my years who I just couldn't get along with.

Thanks
    Ive owned the SP1200, MPC60, MPC2000, S950, S900, and at the moment i own a MPC3000 and a Emax1 rack. They're all good in their own way so i wouldnt say worst, they all have their pros n cons.

Thanks
    Most frustrating:

Another vote here for the MPC 500.

In terms of features is a dope little machine but I agree that the menu diving was a huge turn off.

Most enjoyable:

One of my favorites was the sp 505.

Current solution:

Impc Pro [on the ipad] <-- definitely try it out if you haven't yet.

Thanks
    I owned SU200, MPC1000, Fantom XR with sampling expansion tools, used Kontakt, Samplitude and Renoise, now I have MPC5000. One vote for SU200 was the worst I ever met. Fantom XR was very frustrating because I couldn't preview a sample before importing it from wav, so forget the browse-and-load what you want.

Thanks
    I'd ad the AKAI x7000 keyboard. I got it at such a good deal for it be ing in pristine condition but the shitty Quick Disk floppy drive was busted and i had to tear it down and fix it. Not much info on internet about the Keyboard so you have to RTFM or just jump in there and figure it out.
    MBP 11,3 | Logic Pro X | AKAI MPC2000XL, 4000, 3000LE | Roland MV-8800, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Technics SL-1200GLD | 4000+ vinyl records

Thanks
    I have had mpc500, then mpc1000 and then maschine... Mpc 500 is so bad - crushing with no reason, screen so small - work on it was real nightmare. 1000 is excellent device but maschine's pads are the best!!!

Thanks
    If my future mashine studio can offer me more than beatthang then beatthang. It crashes, pads assighnments start vanishing when you start filling alot of banks and doing detailed stuff. List goes on. Too bad . It Sure is built like a tank. Just to find a good engine.

Thanks
    Wow, no love for the MPC500? There's hardly any menu diving, big screen samplers spoiled you all.

Anyway, the worst for me was the Yamaha DJXII. Every time I hit sample, there was a 2 second delay before it actually sampled, so you missed a chunk of material. I tried to sample larger chunks but you can't adjust the start and end points either. It sucked.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ILL GREEN For This Useful Post:

Thread Information