whats the difference between the mpc 2000 and 2000xl?

S

sneek

is there a difference in the sequencing?

can you upgrade a mpc 2000 so that it has all the same things as a 2000xl?

does the mpc 2000 have time stretch?

is the mpc 2000 alot easier to use?

does the mpc 2000xl only use zip disk or can you use floppies?

if u could upgrade the 2000 to be like the xl, what would be the point of having a 2000

Last edited:
PtheGhost said:
if u could upgrade the 2000 to be like the xl, what would be the point of having a 2000

Maybe he found a 2000 for very cheap and wonders if he could use that to have an XL later on?

sneek said:
is there a difference in the sequencing?

can you upgrade a mpc 2000 so that it has all the same things as a 2000xl?

does the mpc 2000 have time stretch?

is the mpc 2000 alot easier to use?

does the mpc 2000xl only use zip disk or can you use floppies?

1) i think they have the same sequencer...even if they dont, the sequencer is still one of the best.

2)no, but you can upgrade it.

3)no, but the xl has timestretch.

4)dont know.

5)stock comes with floppy drive, but you can upgrade to the 100mb zip drive.

DJQRS1 said:
quick noob question what da f*** is timestretch

basically it is what it says. stretches the sample, so that you can make a sample thats 2 bars 4, or whatever. usually it will give the sample a high pitch sound (like how kanyes vocals in his beats sound;btw, that is timestretching)

thanks for the info. i was thinking about getting a used mpc 2000xl, but i heard alot of people end up having trouble with the built in zip disk. since i already own an external zip disk i was thinking a mpc 2000 might be the right choice

No. definitly get an XL. no doubt in my mind you'll love it. the zip disk is much more convinient. with floppies, you'd need 2 for one beat for the program and the sequence. with zips, which are like 8-10 bucks, you can store like 100 sequences and a bunch of programs. get an XL fam

Back