what sampler should i get?

B

beetjunkeeee

i need a rack sampler, and dont know much about the differences between em all. i know i want at least 16 polyphony, with GOOD timestretching. just curious to know what u all recomend. are there digital AND analog? lets just say my price range would be anywhere from 2-8 bills. thanks all

all samplers are digital by nature

some older samplers have analog "filters"

your other question (which sampler) is too broad... I am not sure what kind of music you want to make, if you already have a setup, if it is mainly software or hardware, etc... There are many answers :)

my music is open, so the sampler needs to be open to different types, but for the sake of getting advice, lets just say triphop type, mushroom jazz stuff. also, i like realtime timestretching and effects, and i really like knobs, not buttons. anybody know about the yamaha a5000? any other suggestions please...

Last edited by a moderator:
its got lots of effects, a not so speedy scsi,and an okay screen, but the realtime loop remix is to die for!

u can get a grimy sound with this piece

the latest akai are nice and have many functions (also easy to use), z4/z8, and I think they're quite "affordable".

another good point is that they won't have any problem to communicate with your computer via simple usb link

if you want more "coloured" sound, try the asr-x, s900/950, EMU samplers.

if you're going for funtion, synthesis and no technical messup, go for the akai ones (z4/z8).

i dont use a pc for my music, and i never will....whats the difference between the s900/s950? i heard the emu's where nice too.. i think esi???

I have a yamaha A4000, its great.

The slow SCSI isnt an issue since you can put an IDE hard drive and zip in it.

They are really great value and fill the missing gap between an akai S3000 and Z series or S5/6000

if you want rack samplers i would cop the casio FZ 10m. Very good sound with amazing sound. or akai s950

Back