What other samplers can do this?

Dirt Dog

Create an Instrument out of samples?
i saw in needlz video he used a
Kurzweil Keyboard but it was sync to a MPC 2000..so i don't know if it was the keyboard or the MPC its self?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPM9jStpVn0

...but he was playing out snipplets and stabs out in realtime as if it was a instrument...not to hop on his bandwagon..thats one of the features im fiending for.....i also saw a ASR-10 doing it, but thing is i only saw one example....

whats a Sampler thats best and known for doing it?

Last edited:
Every single one of them? Really, this is like the most basic function of a sampler - excluding the MPC, of course (on which it's been more as an afterthought).

huh? whats the feature called?

im saying needlz was playing like a whole ****in octave basically in real time tho...something i can't do in FL studio or reason.......if its a tutorial on how to do it, i would really appreciated....

I don't know if I'm misunderstanding what you mean but...well, I wouldn't even call it a feature - it's the normal way most samplers operate: you load a sample and then you're able to play it at any pitch, and that's it. Almost all samplers do this by default (when just loading a single sample) without delving into the world of velocity layers and key ranges - and the samplers in FL & Reason are no exception.

I mean krushing is right... but if I'm understanding you I think you are looking for a sampler that will STRETCH the sample over the keys? Like as in change the pitch without changing the "time" (or tempo I guess if you are sampling a whole loop) of the sample??? Yes?

If so, my answer would be Sampletank.

But like krushing said, pretty much ANY sampler can do this, basically... just most change the pitch by speeding up/slowing down the sample, which depending on your source (and how far away, pitch-wise, you want to get from the root)may or may not matter. If that doesn't matter to you, then yeah you can already do this in Reason or FL easily.

huh? whats the feature called?

im saying needlz was playing like a whole ****in octave basically in real time tho...something i can't do in FL studio or reason.......if its a tutorial on how to do it, i would really appreciated....

I think it's called sampling.

In FL, or Reason, whatever you are using, apply your sample to the whole keyboard, not just one key. Don't past it 88 times, stretch the one sample out across all the keys.

thinks, i know yall might be looking at me like an idoit but honestly i gotten what i needed from this thread...
World Wide thinks for saying Sample Tank,

IK Multimedia's SampleTank 2 - YouTube

Thoes was the exact Main Features I was Looking for....I also would like to know if theres any hardware that can do this too..

thinks alot thats why i love this site!!

In the video Needles was using the "Auto Chromactic assignment" feature that the Mpc2000xl, Mpc2500,Mpc1000, and Mpc5000 have.

In the video Needles was using the "Auto Chromactic assignment" feature that the Mpc2000xl, Mpc2500,Mpc1000, and Mpc5000 have.

And that fancy-sounding word is exactly the most basic, fundamental feature that all other samplers don't even bother naming.

Back